SAN FRANCISCO, October 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global psoriasis drugs market is expected to be valued at $21.4 billion by 2022, as per a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing number of reimbursement policies for treatment, advanced diagnostic tools, raised disease awareness and improved technological systems are likely to increase the adoption of therapeutics.
Additionally, the rising prevalence and incidence of psoriasis is anticipated to fuel the market growth. The condition has neither exact causes nor treatments to cure. Certain environmental and genetic factors may trigger the disease onset. Most treatments for the condition target to decelerate the severity of the disease by stopping the keratinocyte hyperproliferation. The disease symptoms can be managed by following a healthy lifestyle.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Psoriasis Drugs Market Size & Forecast by Therapeutic Class (Tumor Necrosis Factor-inhibitors, Interleukin-inhibitors, Vitamin D analogues), By Treatment (Topicals. Systemic, Biologics) And Trend Analysis from 2016 - 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/psoriasis-drugs-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Tumor Necrosis Factor-inhibitors dominated the psoriasis therapeutic market in 2016 owing to its higher usage by healthcare practitioners and easy availability.
- TNF-inhibitors are likely to lose market shares over the forecast period due to increasing adoption of IL-inhibitor therapy over conventional TNF-inhibitors
- Interleukin-inhibitors sector is expected to grow at lucrative CAGR of 19.4% over the forecast period because of improved safety and efficacy profiles of Interleukin-inhibiting drugs.
- The U.S. market is the dominant region in the psoriasis therapeutic space. It led the market in terms of revenue with $4.4 billion in 2016 due to the increasing number of patients seeking treatment and presence of well-established healthcare services.
- In addition, presence of several key manufacturers in the U.S. and launch of novel drugs are some of the factors anticipated to increase the demand for therapeutics in this region
- Japan is expected to be the fastest growing region over the next decade with lucrative CAGR of 13.0% from 2016 to 2022 due to growing awareness about the disease among the people. Furthermore, presence of a large target population and high unmet clinical needs are some of the factors expected to propel the growth of this region.
- Some of the key players in this industry are AbbVie Inc., Amgen Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Novartis AG, Eli Lilly & Company, AstraZeneca and Celgene Corporation.
- Most of the key players are focusing on strategies such as expansion of their product portfolios and collaborations, mergers, & acquisitions. The emergence of biosimilars is a rising trend adopted by these companies.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Orthopaedic Bracing Devices Market -http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/orthopaedic-bracing-devices-market
- Foot And Ankle Devices Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/foot-and-ankle-devices-market
- Intravenous Iron Drugs Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/intravenous-iron-drugs-market
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia Therapeutics Market -http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/acute-myeloid-leukemia-therapeutics-market
Grand View Research has segmented the global psoriasis drugs market based on therapeutic class and treatment:
- Therapeutic Class Outlook (Revenue, $ Million; 2016 - 2022)
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Inhibitor
- Interleukin Inhibitors
- Vitamin-D Analogues
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Inhibitor
- Treatment Outlook (Revenue, $ Million; 2016 - 2022)
- Over-the-counter (OTC) topicals
- Topical non-steroids
- Topical steroids
- Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) Inhibitors
- Interleukin 12 and 23 (IL-12/23) Inhibitors
- Interleukin 17 (IL-17) Inhibitors
- T-cell Inhibitors
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.