SAN FRANCISCO, March 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global product lifecycle management market size is expected to reach USD 54.36 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 8.6% from 2022 to 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Product lifecycle management is gradually advancing and witnessing continuous developments in the form of improved software capabilities.
Key Insights & Findings from this research report:
- The design and engineering management segment accounted for a significant market share of over 30% in 2021. The design and engineering PLM software is extensively used by the manufacturing sector to manage designing, development, and engineering processes for continuous industrial digitization. For instance, Dassault Systèmes use CATIA, an engineering and design leading software for product, which is used to design, simulate, analyze, and manufacture products in various industries including aerospace, automotive, consumer goods, and industrial machinery
- The cloud segment is expected to register a significant CAGR of 9.0% over the forecast period. The segment growth can be attributed to an increase in demand for customer management, integration into Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, IoT, and managing re-engineering in real-time
- The automotive and transportation segment is expected to register a significant CAGR of 7.7% from 2022 to 2030. The increasing use of digital manufacturing and the rising integration of IoT in producing autonomous cars is one of the key trends expected to drive the automotive and transportation market during the forecast period
- North America is expected to reach USD 17.97 billion by 2030. The region is expected to continue dominating the market over the forecast period in line with the aggressive adoption of next-generation technologies, such as IoT, additive manufacturing, augmented reality, and telecommunications technologies, such as LTE and 5G
Request a free sample copy or view report summary: "Product Lifecycle Management Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Software (Portfolio Management, Design & Engineering Management), By Deployment, By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 - 2030", published by Grand View Research.
Product Lifecycle Management Market Growth & Trends
The demand for robust data analytics software platforms is also increasing and has been augmented by the evolution of core technologies such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning. Furthermore, the emergence of smart products and factories by small-scale enterprises is expected to open new avenues for the market players. These smart products have complex functionalities in terms of connectivity, security compliances, and others. Hence, the increasing demand for connected devices is anticipated to drive the growth of the product lifecycle management market over the forecast period.Over the past few years, the product lifecycle management market has been witnessing several new developments, particularly in the end-use sectors to increase transparency in supply chain & manufacturing processes. Product lifecycle management software has the potential to offer improved supply chain accuracy, lower lead times, and increase sales. For instance, in June 2021, Accenture, an Ireland-based company that provided professional services, acquired DI Square, a Japan-based IT company specialized in data analytics software, for firm's consulting for product lifecycle management (PLM) and application lifecycle management (ALM) systems integration. This acquisition of DI Square will increase Accenture's engineering expertise for the automotive and other manufacturing clients in Japan and other markets.The growing need for the latest IT technologies, such as cloud computing, Artificial Intelligence (AI), big data, and communication technologies, such as 5G, is expected to open new opportunities for the adoption of product lifecycle management solutions in various end-use industries. Several large enterprises are already pursuing a cloud-first strategy for deploying their enterprise software and other systems. It has led to the amalgamation of interconnected devices, robots, and a quick knowledge network within a factory environment. Moreover, the PLM cloud deployments are mostly focused on non-conventional industries and small and medium enterprises. It allows the manufacturers to consolidate information about product development, streamline or change orders and requests, and improve communication with the suppliers. In addition to this, the increasing specialization in customer experience, rapid implementation times, and deeper integration capabilities are propelling the growth of the market over the forecast period.
Product Lifecycle Management Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global product lifecycle management market based on software, deployment, end use, and region:
Product Lifecycle Management Software Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
- Portfolio Management
- Design & Engineering Management
- Quality & Compliance Management
- Simulation, Testing, & Change Management
- Manufacturing Operations Management
Product Lifecycle Management Deployment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
Product Lifecycle Management End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
- Aerospace & Defense
- Automotive & Transportation
- IT & Telecom
- Industrial Equipment & Heavy Machinery
- Semiconductor & Electronics
Product Lifecycle Management Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
List of Key Players in the Product Lifecycle Management Market
- ANSYS, Inc.
- Aras Corporation
- Arena Solutions, Inc.
- Oracle Corporation
- SAP SE
- AUTODESK, INC.
- Siemens AG
- PTC Inc.
- Dassault Systèmes
- Synopsys Inc.
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Military Aerospace & Defense Lifecycle Management Market - The global military aerospace and defense lifecycle management market size is anticipated to reach USD 14.2 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 8.4% from 2020 to 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing demand for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solutions from the defense equipment manufacturers and suppliers is expected to drive the market growth.
- Smart Manufacturing Market - The global smart manufacturing market size is estimated to reach USD 589.98 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 12.4% from 2021 to 2028, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing adoption of technologies, including big data analytics, smart robots, and industrial IoT, in manufacturing facilities is a key factor propelling the market growth.
- Customer Relationship Management Market - The global customer relationship management market size is expected to reach USD 157.6 billion by 2030, according to new research by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 13.3% from 2022 to 2030. The continuous demand for innovative solutions to analyze customer information, collate critical customer data, and transform it into a better customer experience strategy are driving factors for CRM solutions across all sizes of businesses.
Browse through Grand View Research's Next Generation Technologies Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Grand View Compass | Grand View Pipeline
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.