SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Precipitated silica market is expected to reach USD 3.69billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to witness substantial growth on account of its extensive use in rubber, toothpaste, and food industry. Growing demand for rubber grade products is expected to propel precipitated silica demand.
Rubber has extensive usage in the automotive, construction, industrial and consumer goods segment. Growing use of precipitated silica in rubber and tire industry is expected to boost precipitated silica market demand. The compound has profound usage as reinforcement fillers in tire and rubber industry. The product offers benefits such as improved flex fatigue resistance, rubber tear strength, heat build-up, adhesion, abrasion resistance, modulus, and hardness. Furthermore, the compound is used to enhance tear resistance, abrasion resistance, & tensile strength and improve wet traction performance as well as rolling resistance of the tires.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Precipitated Silica Market Analysis By Application (Rubber, Agrochemicals, Oral Care, Food Industry)And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/precipitated-silica-market
Increasing use of the compound in pesticides is expected to spur demand over the forecast period. Furthermore, they are extensively used as carrier and diluents on account of properties such as compatibility, higher absorption, and improved stability with toxicants and other active ingredients. Furthermore, this product has extensive usage as dispersing, grinding and wetting aid and improves suspension behavior in liquid chemicals.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Rubber application accounted for over 60% of the overall revenue share in 2014. Rubber grade silica is used in tire industry, wherein it helps to reduce rolling resistance, and increase grip of the tires. Increasing utilization of the compound in tires as replacements for carbon blacks provides better anti-skid properties and improved tensile and tear strength, which is further anticipated to fuel demand. Furthermore, growing use of precipitated silica as a reinforcement agent in tire as well as rubber formulations is also expected to favorably impact the market.
- Agrochemicals market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period due to its extensive use in applications as free flow agents on account of its higher absorption ability and improved chemical stability. Growing use of the compound as absorbent carriers and flow conditioners to improve suspension behavior and storage stability in liquids is expected to propel the demand.
- Europe accounted for over 19% of the revenue share in 2014. Increasing use of the compound in rubber segment, particularly micro sheets, rice rollers, thermoplastic rubber, PVC sheets, and shoe soles is expected to propel demand. The product is used in transmission and conveyor belts wherein it improves tear strength and imparts high degree of reinforcement to elastomer compounds. Additionally, the product is also used in shoe soles on account of its non-scuffing and wear resistant characteristics, wherein it provides resilience and durability.
- Precipitated silica manufacturers offer their products through different distribution channels which includes direct supply agreement, and vendors & distributors. Key precipitated consumers include Kadvani Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., and Oriental Silicas Corporation. Furthermore, companies such as PQ Corporation, PPG Industries, Inc, Madhu Silica Pvt. Ltd and Solvay are engaged in manufacturing, distribution and end-use.
Grand View Research has segmented the precipitated silica market on the basis of application and region:
- Precipitated Silica Market Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Oral Care
- Food Industry
- Precipitated Silica Market Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Propylene Oxide Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/propylene-oxide-market
- Automotive Composites Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/automotive-composites-market
- Silicone Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/silicone-market
- Polyvinyl Butyral Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/polyvinyl-butyral-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.