SAN FRANCISCO, May 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global polymer market for waste management size is expected to reach USD 5.07 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is estimated to expand at a decent CAGR of 4.0% over the forecast period. Several characteristics of polymer resins, including good welding strength, chemical resistance, and excellent low-temperature performance, in waste management processes are expected to drive the industry. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) is one of the key raw materials used for manufacturing plastic-based flexible packaging materials.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In terms of revenue, Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) is projected to ascend at a CAGR of 5.8% over the forecast period
- Low-density Polyethylene (LDPE) is projected to exhibit a significant growth during the forecast years
- Asia Pacific led the global polymer market for waste management in 2017 and is projected to continue the trend over the next few years
- Growing awareness about the usage of engineering polymers in the construction industry is likely to open new growth opportunities for the regional market
- Some of the prominent companies in the global market are ExxonMobil Corporation, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, BASF SE, LyondellBasell Industries N.V., and Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A.
- Most of these industry participants are undertaking various initiatives, such as investments for capacity expansion, to maintain the market position
Read 90 page research report with TOC on "Polymer Market for Waste Management Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (PVC, EVOH, HDPE, LDPE, EPDM), By Region (North America, Europe, MEA, APAC), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/polymer-market-for-waste-management
The demand of polyvinyl chloride is highly dependent on the construction industry, as about 60 to 70% of the global demand is for pipe, siding, fitting, fencing, windows, and other applications. Increasing product demand from other end-use industries may result in tight raw material supply, hampering market growth. Polypropylene and polyethylene are thermoplastic polymers used in a variety of applications. Growth in the manufacturing and construction industry has been driving the polypropylene market over the past few years; however, its overproduction has led to a decrease in prices.
Rapidly expanding construction sector in India and China, on account of the presence of favorable regulatory support to improve the infrastructure at a domestic level, is expected to boost the utilization of geomembranes. This, in turn, is likely to augment the demand for polymers for waste management in this sector. Asia Pacific is expected to witness a rise in construction spending over the forecast period on account of rapid urbanization coupled with burgeoning population. Thus, growing construction sector, particularly in China and India, as a result of increasing disposable income and rising government spending on large infrastructural projects will support the market development.
Grand View Research has segmented the global polymer market for waste management on the basis of product and region:
- Polymer for Waste Management Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Polymer for Waste Management Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
Find more research reports on Plastics, Polymers & Resins Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Methyl Di-p-phenylene Isocyanate (MDI) Market – Global methyl di-p-phenylene isocyanate (MDI) market is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period owing to its widespread applications in polyurethane foams, adhesives, paints & coatings, construction and automotive industry.
- Bakelite Market – Bakelite is also used in making bakelite jewellery owing to their fine artisanship and is expected to further complement the market growth in near future.
- Metalized Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP) Films Market – Increasing BOPP demand in electronics, food packaging and insulation applications are expected to remain a key factor driving the global market growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.