SAN FRANCISCO, March 19, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global point of care diagnostics market size is expected to reach USD 24.1 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 3.2%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Continuous advancement in the development of highly sensitive and specific miniaturized biosensors, based on microfluidic systems along with handheld devices, is anticipated to drive the market. These systems are capable of automation, integration, and multiplex detection, suitable for use in areas without well-trained professionals.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Glucose testing accounted for the largest revenue share owing to the high incidence rate of diabetes and the abundant usage of portable glucose meters
- Cancer markers are expected to witness the fastest growth rate due to the extensive ongoing R&D activities related to cancer and growing demand for circulating tumor cells (CTC) - based cancer detection
- POC tests offer several benefits as compared to conventional lab tests that lead to their high utilization rate in clinics, resulting in the largest revenue share of clinics
- These benefits include reduced turnaround testing timeline, delivery of on-site results, minimal contact with clinical staff, and faster diagnosis
- Continuous development of point of care devices, especially glucose meters, for home care settings, early detection, and prevention of diseases is expected to drive the home segment at the fastest growth rate
- North America dominated the point of care testing market owing to the favorable government initiatives and programs related to lipid and blood sugar level testing that encourage the usage rate of point of care tests in this region
- Key participants operating in this market include Danaher; Abbott Laboratories; bioMérieux SA; Trividia Health, Inc.; QIAGEN, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.; and Siemens
- Companies are adopting several strategic developments related to the development of biosensors for point of care settings
- For instance, in September 2019, BioMed X completed its collaboration with Roche Diagnostics for the development of nanomaterial-based biosensors for point of care testing
Read 250 page research report with ToC on "Point of Care Diagnostics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Glucose Testing, Blood Gas/ Electrolytes, Cancer Marker), By End Use (Clinics, Hospital), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/point-of-care-poc-diagnostics-industry
These tests have emerged as an indispensable part of modern healthcare, as it improves the quality, accuracy, availability, and affordability of patient care. The uptake of POC devices is rapidly progressing due to the incorporation of advanced technologies. For instance, in July 2019, HiberGene Diagnostics has outlined plans to develop a cost-effective POC testing system based on its licensed loop-mediated isothermal amplification technology.
The growing popularity of rapid testing in near-patient settings has positively impacted point of care testing market growth. The rise in investments to develop advanced rapid testing devices, such as single integrated user-friendly devices, fuels market progression. For instance, in February 2019, the Global Health Investment Fund (GHIF) granted USD 6 million to Atomo Diagnostics for the commercialization of its AtomoRapid diagnostic test platform.
Grand View Research has segmented the global point of care diagnostics/testing market based on product, end use, and region:
- Point of Care Diagnostics/Testing Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Glucose Testing
- Hb1Ac Testing
- Infectious Diseases
- HIV POC
- Clostridium Difficile POC
- HBV POC
- Pneumonia or Streptococcus Associated Infections
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) POC
- HPV POC
- Influenza/Flu POC
- HCV POC
- MRSA POC
- TB and Drug-Resistant TB POC
- HSV POC
- Other Infectious Diseases
- Cardiac Markers
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
- Primary Care Systems
- Decentralized Clinical Chemistry
- Lipid Testing
- Cancer Marker
- Blood Gas/Electrolytes
- Ambulatory Chemistry
- Drug Abuse Testing
- Point of Care Diagnostics/Testing End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Physician Office
- Pharmacy & Retail Clinics
- Non-practice Clinics
- Urgent Care Clinic
- Assisted Living Healthcare Facilities
- Point of Care Diagnostics/Testing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
Find more research reports on Clinical Diagnostics Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Point-of-Care Molecular Diagnostics Market – The global point-of-care molecular diagnostics market size was valued at USD 1.72 billion in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 14.4% over the forecast period.
- In Vitro Diagnostics Quality Control Market – The global In Vitro Diagnostics quality control market size was valued at USD 905 million in 2018 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 4.1% over the forecast period.
- Primary Care POC Diagnostics Market – The global primary care POC diagnostics market size was estimated at USD 6.3 billion in 2016.Rapid evolution of point-of-care testing holds enormous potential for the growth of both primary and secondary care settings.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.