SAN FRANCISCO, August 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global plastic packaging market size is expected to reach USD 269.6 billion by 2025 and will register a CAGR of 3.9% during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing use of plastic packaging in widespread applications, including food and beverages, personal care, household care, consumer electronics, and construction, is likely to drive industry growth over the forecast period.
Higher demand for flexible and functional packaging, largely for packaged food, frozen foods and beverages, is projected to positively impact segment growth in the near future. Furthermore, rapidly increasing use of rigid packaging containers and canisters for industrial applications in construction, energy, and automotive sectors is expected to benefit market growth over the forecast period.
Increasing penetration of bottles and pouches in medical applications is also expected to benefit market growth. These products are being used for storage in the form of medicine organizers and packaging of medicines and drugs, on account of better chemical resistance properties.
The global plastic packaging industry is expected to witness the fastest revenue growth in the food and beverages application, registering a CAGR of 4.2% over the forecast period. Key industry participants, including Amcor Ltd., Mondi Plc, Apex Packaging, Sealed Air Corporation, Coveris Holdings S.A., and DS Smith Plc, are involved in the manufacture, fabrication, and distribution of plastic packaging products across the globe.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Plastic Packaging Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Bottles, Bags, Wraps & Films), By Type (Rigid, Flexible), By Application (Food & Beverages, Industrial), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/plastic-packaging-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- As of 2017, the plastic packaging market was valued at close to USD 198.0 billion and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 3.9% over the forecast period. Rapidly growing demand from key application segments such as food and beverages and personal care is expected to act as a key driver
- In terms of revenue, the rigid plastic packaging segment was valued at USD 66.7 billion in 2017 and is expected to witness steady growth in the coming years. This can be attributed to increasing use of the product for storage and transportation of chemicals and related industrial products
- The plastic bags segment recorded a revenue of USD 39.2 billion in 2017. The segment is expected to witness moderate growth over the forecast period, owing to rising concerns regarding use and disposal of plastic grocery bags
- The North America plastic packaging market accounted for the second-largest share after Asia Pacific. The regional market is characterized by presence of key players involved in manufacture and supply of functional packaging products globally. The market was valued at USD 36.5 billion in 2017
- Industry players have been engaged in mergers, acquisitions, and vertical integration across the value chain in order to strengthen their product portfolios and distribution network.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Medical Polymers Market - The global medical polymers market size was estimated at USD 12.34 billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 8.4% over the forecast period.
- Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA) Market - The global polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) market size was valued at USD 4.06 billion in 2015 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2016 to 2025.
- Phenolic Resins Market - The global phenolic resins market size was valued at USD 9.30 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 5.4% from 2016 to 2025.
- Polypropylene (PP) Nonwoven Fabric Market - The global polypropylene (PP) nonwoven fabric market size was valued at USD 26.3 billion in 2015 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% from 2016 to 2025.
Grand View Research has segmented the global plastic packaging market on the basis of type, product, application, and region:
- Plastic Packaging Type Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Plastic Packaging Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Wraps & Films
- Plastic Packaging Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Food & Beverages
- Industrial Packaging
- Personal & Household Care
- Plastic Packaging Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.