SAN FRANCISCO, August 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global plant cell culture equipment market size is estimated to reach USD 1.05 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The global market is estimated to register a CAGR of 13.1% during the forecast years. The demand for transgenic crops has been rising owing to various benefits offered by these crops, such as improvement in the yield, productivity, and quality and development of insect-resistant cultivars in crops. Transgenic plants are the ones whose genomes are modified using genetic engineering processes in order to introduce more species or new traits to the plant. Inserting a combination of genes in a plant makes the plant more productive.
Transgenic plants are also produced to cater to specific needs of the pharmaceutical sector. Emergence of various genetic engineering processes is expected to drive the market over the forecast period. Plant cell culture systems are a potential renewable source of valuable medicinal compounds, colorants, fragrances, and flavors; which are difficult to be produced by chemical synthesis or microbial cells. Plant cell culture technology enables the development of agricultural crops that offer both higher yield and more resistance to pathogens and adverse environmental conditions. Moreover, this technology could be used in providing a reliable and continuous source of plant pharmaceuticals.
Plant cell culture can be used as an alternative to the cultivation or collection of plants. The number of natural products isolated using plant cell cultures is huge and is increasing gradually. On a large scale, unlike the culture of microorganisms, the cells are cultured in a fermenter. The fermentation process offers certain advantages over the collection of plant material or field cultivation for the isolation of high-value chemicals. These advantages include continuous supply of plants as raw material and production of entirely new compounds and plant cells under controlled conditions.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Plant Cell Culture Equipment Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By End Use (Greenhouse, Field), By Equipment (Seed Germinators, Incubators), By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/plant-cell-culture-equipment-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Rapidly increasing population has boosted the demand for agricultural produce, thereby augmenting the growth of this market
- Increasing research and development in the field of cell and tissue engineering has also contributed toward the market development
- North America regional market is expected to witness a significant growth owing to increasing research activities in plant cell culture
- Key market participants include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.); Tecan Group Ltd. (Switzerland); LGC Limited (London); LabRepCo, Inc. (U.S.); Geneq, Inc. (Canada); and Conviron (Canada).
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Marketing Automation Software Market - The global marketing automation software market size was valued at USD 3.35 billion in 2016.
- Microwave Devices Market - The global microwave devices market size was valued at USD 7.46 billion in 2015 and is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period.
- Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Market - The Project Portfolio Management (PPM) market size was estimated at USD 2.54 billion in 2015 and is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Market - The global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) market size was valued at USD 23.14 billion in 2015.
Grand View Research has segmented the global plant cell culture equipment market on the basis of equipment, end use, application, and region:
- Plant Cell Culture Equipment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2025)
- Seed Germinators
- Cell Counters
- Plant Cell Culture Equipment End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2025)
- Plant Cell Culture Equipment Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2025)
- Plant Research
- Product Development
- Quality Assessment
- Plant Cell Culture Equipment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.