SAN FRANCISCO, April 30, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global pharmaceutical cartridges market size is expected to reach USD 1.83 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period. Rising awareness regarding the benefits of using pharmaceutical cartridges in the packaging industry is propelling the market demand. These benefits include on-time, accurate, and safe drug delivery, break-resistance packaging, and low residual volumes of drugs. Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, such as arthritis, diabetes, and oral conditions, and high demand for long-term storage of drugs are also anticipated to contribute toward market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In terms of revenue, the glass cartridges segment is projected to expand at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period
- Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases across the globe and advantages offered by glass cartridges over the conventional ones are projected to drive the segment growth
- North America led the market in the past accounting for the largest share due to increased cases of diabetes and other chronic diseases among all age groups
- Some of the key companies in the pharmaceutical cartridges market are Gerresheimer AG; SCHOTT AG; West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.; Merck KGaA; Stevanto Group; Transcoject GmbH; and Baxter International, Inc.
Read 79 page research report with TOC on "Pharmaceutical Cartridges Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Material Type (Glass, Plastic), By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, MEA, APAC), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/pharmaceutical-cartridges-market
For instance, as per the National Diabetes Statistics Report published in 2017, American Indians were reported with the highest prevalence of diabetes for both females (15.3%) and males (14.9%). Insulin therapy plays an important role in the treatment of diabetes. Thus, growing cases of diabetes may augment the demand for insulin therapy. Previously, traditional packaging, such as blister packs and bottles, were used for insulin delivery. However, owing to several advantages, pharmaceutical cartridges are being preferred, which, in turn, is supporting market development.
In addition, various initiatives taken by prominent companies in the industry are also expected to augment the pharmaceutical cartridges market demand. For example, the chairman and CEO of Merck, stated in an article that the company is planning to convert its injectable products to the new glass packaging solution, once it receives the approval. Furthermore, in 2015, Schott AG started a center of excellence at its U.S. production facility for developing chemically-strengthened glass cartridges.
Grand View Research has segmented the global pharmaceutical cartridges market on the basis of material type and region:
- Pharmaceutical Cartridges Material Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
- Type 1
- Type 2
- Type 3
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Cyclic Olefin Copolymer (COC)
- Cyclic Olefin Polymer (COP)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Pharmaceutical Cartridges Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Pharmaceuticals Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Inhalable Drugs Market – Global inhalable drugs market is expected to witness a lucrative market growth over the forecast period owing to rising prevalence of chronic diseases such as diabetes mellitus, tuberculosis, cancer and increasing geriatric population base which requires more convenient route of administration.
- Botanicals Market – Increased consumer awareness for preventive healthcare along with aging population, increasing prevalence of chronic problems such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, obesity, increased belief of assurance of no side effects unlike modern medicine have been the main contributors for the Botanicals market growth.
- Small Molecule Targeted Cancer Therapy Market – The global small molecule targeted cancer therapy is expected to be a lucrative market due to its high adoption rates, minimal adverse effects, and high incidence rates of cancer.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.