SAN FRANCISCO, February 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global pearlescent pigment market is expected to reach USD 547.8 million by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for high performance, high brilliance paints on account of expanding automotive & construction industries in emerging markets is expected to remain a key driving factor for the global market.
Shift in trend towards reducing VOC emissions and growing awareness regarding sustainability is also expected to act as a vital determinant for market growth. Developed markets are anticipated to face obstacles in the form of stringent regulatory norms, hampering market growth over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Pearlescent Pigment Market Analysis By Product (Natural Pearl Essence, Titanium Dioxide, Ferric Oxide, Combination Mica), By Application (Paints & Coatings, Plastics, Printing Inks, Cosmetics) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/pearlescent-pigment-market
Titanium dioxide (TiO2) coated mica pigment was the leading product segment with demand share exceeding 35% in 2014. High consumption rates of these pigments across automotive, construction and printing ink industries is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period. It is also expected to witness the highest growth of 5.1% from 2015 to 2022.
Iron/ferric oxide mica pigment is also expected to witness brisk growth owing to its high refractive index, metallic luster, excellent hiding properties and weather resistance. Increasing application in the cosmetics and printing inks sector is a major driving force for the product.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Global pearlescent pigment market demand was 74.8 kilo tons in 2014 and is expected to reach 100.7 kilo tons by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2015 to 2022
- Paints & coatings was the leading application segment and accounted for 34.1% of total market volume in 2014. Increasing consumer preference for high-value coatings and colorful iridescence on sports and luxury vehicles is likely to foster market growth. Plastic is expected to witness the highest growth of 5.1% from 2015 to 2022.
- North America was the leading regional market with demand share estimated at 38.2% in 2014. Recovery of construction and automotive industry in the U.S. is expected to drive the regional growth.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth of 5.1% from 2015 to 2022. Rapid industrialization and expansion of major end-use industries such as automotive and construction particularly in China and India is expected to drive the regional growth.
- Global pearlescent pigment industry is fragmented with presence of several major multinationals and smaller regional players across the globe. Key participants operating in the industry include BASF SA, Sun Chemical Performance Pigments, Huaian Concord Industrial Products Co. Ltd., Lansco Colors, L'Arca Srl., Fujian Kuncai Fine Chemicals Co. Ltd., RIKA Technology Co. Ltd and Smarol Technology Co. Ltd.
Grand View Research has segmented the pearlescent pigment market on the basis of product, application and region:
- Global Pearlescent Pigment Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Natural Pearl Essence
- Titanium Dioxide Mica
- Iron/Ferric Oxide Mica
- Combination Mica
- Global Pearlescent Pigment Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Paints & Coatings
- Printing Inks
- Global Pearlescent Pigment Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East and Africa
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Cadmium Pigments Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cadmium-pigments-market
- Anti-Static Agents Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/anti-static-agents-market
- Dyes and Pigments Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dyes-and-pigments-market
- UV Curable Inks Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/uv-curable-inks-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.