SAN FRANCISCO, January 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global patient positioning systems market is anticipated to reach USD 1.4 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a 4.7% CAGR during the forecast period. This market is expected to witness lucrative growth during through 2025 owing to rising awareness about and surging expenditure on diagnostic procedures. In addition, increasing prevalence of cancer and rising geriatric population are expected to assist in market growth.
According to the National Cancer Institute, in 2016, there were 1,685,210 new cases of cancer diagnosed in U.S. and 14.1 million cases globally. The most common types of cancer are breast cancer, prostate cancer, and colon and rectum cancer. This steady increase in disease prevalence acts as a driver for R&D investments in the industry. Increase in innovation has resulted in improved efficiency and accuracy of these systems in cancer therapy. These products keep patients immobile yet comfortable during radiotherapy. This is anticipated to supplement industry growth.
Rising expenditure on diagnostics procedures has been a strong force driving demand in the market. According to a research published by NCBI, majority oncologists and cardiologists in U.S. and Germany prescribe diagnostics tests and choose a treatment plan only after studying test results. Thus, demand for diagnostics tests is increasing globally.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Patient Positioning Systems Market Size, Share & Trend Analysis By Product (Tables, Accessories), Application (Surgery, Diagnostics), By End Use (Hospital, Ambulatory), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/patient-positioning-systems-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- By product, the tables segment held a lucrative market share in 2016, owing to increasing prevalence of cancer and rising number of surgeries performed
- In terms of application, the surgery segment is expected to account for the dominant market share on account of rising incidence of cancer, globally
- By end use, the ambulatory segment is expected to register the highest growth over the forecast period owning to increase in precision of minimally invasive technologies
- North America is projected to dominate the patient positioning systems market over the forecast period due to presence of a large number of diagnostic centers
- Some of the key players in the patient positioning systems market are Medtronic; Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.; Stryker Corporation; Medline Industries; Skytron, LLC; OPT SurgiSystems Srl; SchureMed; Smith & Nephew; STERIS plc; and Leoni.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Epigenetics Market - Global epigenetics market size was valued at USD 3.98 billion in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19.3% over the forecast period.
- Compression Therapy Market - Global compression therapy market size was valued at USD 2.58 billion in 2014. Increasing prevalence of venous disorders such as deep vein thrombosis, leg ulcers, lymphedema and blood clots is a key factor expected to drive market growth over the forecast period
- Mechanical Ventilators Market - Global mechanical ventilators market size was valued at USD 3.3 billion in 2014. Rapid growth in the geriatric population
- Long Term Care Market - The global long term care market size was valued at USD 718 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 6% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global patient positioning systems market on the basis of products, application, end use, and region:
- Patient Positioning Systems Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Patient Positioning Systems Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Patient Positioning Systems End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Ambulatory Centers
- Patient Positioning Systems Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.