SAN FRANCISCO, November 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global ophthalmic therapeutics/drugs market is expected to reach USD 35.7 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increase in funding by public and private bodies for conducting research on ocular disorders with the presence of strong emerging pipeline drugs are some of the factors responsible for the growth of ophthalmic therapeutics market. For instance, the recent approval of Zerviate (cetirizine) for the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis in 2017 and Humira (adalimumab) and Xiidra (lifitegrast) in 2016 as ophthalmic solutions for the treatment of uveitis and dry eyes are expected to boost the market growth.
Numerous ongoing public-private partnership agreements in the pharmaceutical industry for the development of novel therapeutics are expected to provide this market with lucrative growth opportunities. In the recent years, a number of highly-effective and safe agents have emerged for the treatment of fungal ophthalmic diseases. Natamycin, amphotericin B, clotrimazole, are some of the most promising therapeutics present in the market. For instance, in October 2016, Santen Pharmaceuticals, Foundation for Biomedical Research and Innovation (FBRI), and RIKEN announced a research collaboration to develop new treatments for retinal diseases such as age-related macular degeneration and retinitis pigmentosa.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Ophthalmic Therapeutics/Drug Market Analysis By Class (Anti-allergy, Anti-VEGF Agents, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-glaucoma), By Disease (Dry Eye, Allergies, Glaucoma, Infection, Retinal Disorders, Uveitis), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/ophthalmic-therapeutics-drug-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Antiallergy is the largest segment owing to the increasing incidence of ocular infections, high prescription rate of antiallergy agents, and presence of a wide product portfolio
- Retinal disorders segment dominated the market in 2016 due to increasing prevalence of age-related macular degenerations and diabetic retinopathy, its subtypes
- The eye drops segment is anticipated to dominate the market in 2016. It is considered as the most preferred dosage form due to associated benefits such as easy assimilation, target-specific action, and faster recovery
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) held the largest share in 2016 due to its low cost and increasing preference of OTC over prescription drugs
- North America dominated the market in 2016 owing to factors such as the increase in demand for ophthalmic solutions for the treatment of glaucoma and dry eyes in this region.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing region with a lucrative CAGR during the forecast period due to rising disposable income, presence of a large population base, and growing awareness programs by various organizations.
- Some of the key players in this industry are Allergan; Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Pfizer Inc.; Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.; Bayer AG; Genentech, Inc.; Novartis AG; Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Shire; and Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Biotechnology Reagents Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biotechnology-reagent-market
- ePharmacies Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/epharmacies-market
- Biopharmaceutical Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biopharmaceutical-market
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/non-small-cell-lung-cancer-market
Grand View Research has segmented the global ophthalmic therapeutics/drugs market on the basis of class, disease, dosage form, product, and region:
- Drug Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (Anti-VEGF) agents
- Nonsteroidal drugs
- Steroidal drugs
- Disease Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Dry Eye
- Retinal Disorders
- Dosage form Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Eye solutions
- Capsules & Tablets
- Eye drops
- Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Prescription drugs
- OTC drugs
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.