SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 15, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global myomectomy market size is anticipated to reach USD 1.1 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 9.1%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. An increasing number of patients suffering from health issues such as uterine fibroids, endometriosis, and chronic pelvic pain are factors driving the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Based on type, the abdominal myomectomy segment dominated the market with a share of 39.4% in 2019, as this procedure is the established permanent solution for large fibroids growing in the uterine wall
- On the basis of product, others segment dominated the overall market with a share of 36.64% in 2019. Since, this segment offers benefits such as same-day procedure, less invasive treatment, and faster recovery as compared to other products
- North America dominated the market with a major share of 53.05% in 2019 owing to the increasing uterus related illnesses in the region and availability of the latest treatment procedures.
Read 110 page research report with ToC on "Myomectomy Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Abdominal, Hysteroscopic, Laparoscopic), By Product (Laparoscopic Power Morcellators, Harmonic Scalpel, Laparoscopic Sealer), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/myomectomy-market
Myomectomy is the surgical method to eradicate fibroids without affecting the healthy tissue of the uterus. Fibroids majorly develop in 50.0% of women, which have led to increased demand for the procedure and it preserves the uterus, unlike hysterectomy. Therefore, it is considered the standard of care for eliminating fibroids. This is anticipated to boost market growth over the forecast period.
Moreover, increased patient preference for less invasive treatments is expected to boost the market growth. Nowadays, minimally invasive treatment options for the procedure include laparoscopic or robotic, and hysteroscopic myomectomy. All these techniques are minimally invasive and eliminate the need for general anesthesia. These procedures also cause less discomfort and post-operative pain.
Furthermore, the incorporation of new technologies and the introduction of new products by market players are expected to boost market growth during the forecast period. For instance, Intuitive Surgical has launched the Single Port Platform"-da Vinci SP Surgical System. It enables doctors with robotic-assisted technology intended for deep and narrow access to tissue during various urological procedures.
Grand View Research has segmented the global myomectomy market on the basis of type, product, and region:
- Myomectomy Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Abdominal Myomectomy
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy
- Myomectomy Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Laparoscopic Power Morcellators
- Harmonic Scalpe
- Laparoscopic Sealer
- Myomectomy Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K.
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- The Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Myomectomy Market
- Stryker Corporation
- CONMED Corporation
- CooperSurgical Inc.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Intuitive Surgical
- Karl Storz
- B. Braun Melsungen AG.
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Uterine Fibroid Treatment Device Market – The global uterine fibroid treatment device market size was valued at USD 4.6 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.5% from 2020 to 2027.
- Laparoscopic Devices Market – The global laparoscopic devices market size was valued at USD 5.94 billion in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6.6% over the forecast period.
- Surgical Drainage Devices Market – The global surgical drainage devices market size was valued at USD 1.8 billion in 2016 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 2.8% during the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.