SAN FRANCISCO, January 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The global modified starch market size is expected to reach USD 15.36 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5.7% over the forecast period. Higher adoption of convenience food coupled with huge demand from Asia Pacific is likely to augment the market. Growing consumer concern regarding health and nutrition along with preference for healthy diet is projected to be a major market driver. Surging demand for natural sweeteners in energy drinks and non-carbonated soft drinks will further fuel the growth over the forecast period.
Companies are spending heavily on R&D for manufacturing effective water soluble modified starches, resulting in dynamic market conditions. Significant rise in product innovation to enhance product portfolio, gain access to untapped markets, and to avail synergetic benefits has created growth avenues for the market players. Companies have increased their presence across the value chain by integrating and diversifying their product portfolio. Companies such as Cargill, Inc., Ingredion Incorporated, and Roquette Frères are integrated at different stages of the value chain.
Technological advancements in India, China, and Brazil to develop innovative products are expected to create new opportunities for the growth of the modified starch market. Increasing government support to promote natural ingredients will open new avenues over the next seven years. The global market is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period on account of consumption of the product in numerous applications including food and beverage, paper, pharmaceuticals, textile, and coatings, adhesives, and biodegradable polymers among others.
Rising application of modified starch in textile industry is expected to drive the global market in near future. It is also use as a thickening agent in the paper industry. Increasing use of modified starches, such as starch graft copolymers, starch esters, starch ethers, and cationic starches, in textile industry will result in improving the penetration of the textile industry. These starches are used in printing and finishing applications in textiles and as substitute to polyvinyl alcohol.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Modified Starch Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Starch Esters & Ethers, Resistant, Cationic, Pre-gelatinized), By Material, By Function, By End-use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/modified-starch-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- In terms of revenue, food and beverage application held the dominant market share of 37.6% in 2016
- Cationic starch is expected witness significant market growth on account of their increasing penetration in the paper and textile industries. It is expected to expand at a 4.6% CAGR from 2017 to 2025
- Several companies including Archer Daniels Midland Company, Cargill Incorporated, Roquette Frères, Avebe, Roquette Group, and Ingredion Incorporated are investing heavily in R&D
- Key players operating in the modified starch market are Cargill Foods, ADM, Ingredion, Tate & Lyle and Roquette. Strong presence of Cargill Foods in food and beverage and animal feed industries is expected help it maintain its substantial global market share in near future.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Fat Replacers Market - The global fat replacers market size was estimated at USD 1.53 billion in 2015 and is projected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 6.2% from 2016 to 2025.
- Savory Snacks Market - The global savory snacks market size was valued at USD 94.30 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow rapidly on account of rising demand for healthy food.
- Flavonoids Market - The global flavonoids market size was estimated at USD 410.1 million in 2015. Flavonoids are naturally occurring group of phytonutrients comprising of antioxidant properties.
- Folic Acid Market - The global folic acid market size was valued at USD 665.2 million in 2015.
Grand View Research has segmented the global modified starch market on the basis of product, material, function, end-use, and region:
- Modified Starch Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Starch Esters and Ethers
- Modified Starch Material Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Modified Starch Function Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Modified Starch Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Food & Beverage
- Animal Feed
- Modified Starch Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.