SAN FRANCISCO, August 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global mining automation market size is expected to reach USD 6.2 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period, according to a report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing need to enhance accuracy and productivity of mining operations is expected to drive market growth.
Need for optimizing production costs, reducing human intervention, and changing the mining landscape are key growth-driving factors for the market. Increasing investment in digital technologies, including analytics and human-machine interactions, is also expected to be one of the key factors boosting industry growth. Furthermore, complex stages involved in supply chain activities and growing sophistication in mining operations are driving the need for automation and robotics technology in this sector.
Growing automation has led to adoption of drones as a step toward the evolution of unmanned and aerial data collection technology in mines. Automated drone systems are expected to become an essential technology in future mining automation and digitization activities.
Several companies such as Tata Steel, Rio Tinto Group, and Komatsu Ltd. are the early adopters of drone technology. Usage of these systems enables quick data collection by enhancing accuracy in designing mine plans and making necessary changes, thereby boosting operational productivity.
Changing mining landscape across the globe along with dependence on specific technologies is expected to create growth opportunities over the next few years. Such changes in operations are challenging the viability of traditional exploration and drilling technologies and processes, thereby providing opportunities for the adoption of new technologies.
Rising need for Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in mineral exploration activities has boosted market growth. GIS enables professionals to perform in-depth analysis of insights related to mineral exploration, mining conditions, and geochemical or hydrological data.
Several economies including India, Africa, and Brazil lack the potential for growth owing to use of conventional exploration techniques and equipment. Increased need for exploration in these economies with the adoption of advanced technologies is expected to accelerate demand for automated solutions over the forecast period.
Rising investments and government support, along with ongoing initiatives such as Digital Transformation Initiative (DFT) for a digital transition in the mining sector, would significantly boost the adoption of automated solutions. For instance, in 2017, the Government of Australia announced its plans to invest approximately USD 79 million to encourage medium- and small-sized miners to carry out exploration activities.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Mining Automation Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Solution (Software Automation, Services, Equipment Automation), By Application (Metal, Coal, Mineral), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/mining-automation-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The equipment automation segment is projected to expand at a CAGR of 7.5% over the forecast period. Retrofitting existing equipment with automated technology is expected to substantially contribute to segment growth
- The autonomous trucks sub-segment is expected to dominate the equipment automation segment over the forecast period, on account of their increased deployment to boost productivity and safety
- The metal mining application segment is expected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period, which can be attributed to increased gold exploration activities globally
- The revenue share of Asia Pacific is expected to surpass 40.0% by 2025, owing to growing penetration of automation solutions in economies including Australia and India
- Prominent market players include Rockwell Automation, Inc.; Komatsu Ltd.; Rio Tinto Group; and Caterpillar Inc.
- Increased investments in developing automated solutions by either launching new products or retrofitting existing equipment are some of the growth strategies adopted by key players.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Endpoint Security Market - The endpoint security market size was USD 10.12 billion in 2015. The emerging concept of BYOD across organizations is expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
- Wireless Charging Market - The global wireless charging market size was valued at USD 1.87 billion in 2014. Growth prospects for the market seem very bullish at the moment on account of growing adoption of this technology in consumer electronics devices.
- Fingerprint Access Control Systems Market - The global fingerprint access control market size was estimated at USD 2.84 billion in 2015. Increasing need for security requirements owing to the increasing threats of terrorist attacks is expected to contribute to the industry growth.
- Atmospheric Water Generator (AWG) Market - The global atmospheric water generator (AWG) market size was USD 918.9 Million in 2015 and is expected to witness growth at a CAGR of 20.1% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global mining automation market on the basis of solution, application, and region:
- Mining Automation Solution Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Software Automation
- Implementation and Maintenance Services
- Training Services
- Consulting Services
- Equipment Automation
- Autonomous Trucks
- Remote Control Equipment
- Teleoperated Mining Equipment
- Mining Automation Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Metal Mining
- Mineral Mining
- Coal Mining
- Mining Automation Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519