SAN FRANCISCO, February 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global metalworking fluids market is expected to reach USD 11.99 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for metalworking fluids in automotives and heavy machinery owing to its properties of increasing efficiency is expected to drive market growth. Competitive pricing owing to large number of small suppliers in the market is expected to be a key feature of the industry over the next seven years.
Synthetic fluids are expected to witness significant growth on account of their increasing use on account of their superior capabilities such as increasing tool life and providing excellent surface finish. However, customers in Asia Pacific region are still consuming mineral oil based fluids on account of their price sensitive nature.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Metalworking Fluids Market Analysis By Product (Mineral, Synthetic, Bio-based), By Application (Neat Cutting Oils, Water Soluble Cutting Oils, Corrosion Preventive Oils) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/metalworking-fluids-market
Asia Pacific has been leading the demand owing to presence of a large-scale consumer base, particularly from India and China. Price sensitivity among OEMs in Asia Pacific is a major factor influencing demand for metalworking fluids in the region.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Mineral based oil accounted for 52.1% of global volume share in 2014. Mineral oil is the conventional metalworking fluids produced in large volumes owing to their easy availability and cost effectiveness.
- Europe bio-based metalworking fluids market was valued at USD 277.5 million in 2014. Europe is expected to witness a strong demand for the bio-based product owing to the prevalence of strong government regulations. However, the expensive nature of these products is expected to hamper their growth over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific was the largest market and is expected to witness gains at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2015 to 2022. Increasing production volumes in various sectors including automobile, defense, marine and aerospace is expected to be a major factor driving market in the region.
- Corrosion preventive oils demand was 514.4 kilo tons in 2014. Corrosion preventive oils are used in machining operations where possibility of damaging the tool is very high. These oils are responsible for improving the sump life which eventually leads to reduction in the overhead costs for the manufacturers. This has resulted in increasing demand from small scale manufacturers on account of their tight cost structures and low volumes.
- Key industry players including Chevron Corporation, Quaker Chemical Corporation, British Petroleum, ExxonMobil Corp, Royal Dutch Shell, and Houghton have wide range of supplier and distribution network. Cimcool, Blaser Swisslube, Total S.A., Fuchs, Eni S.p.A., Croda International, and Ashland, Inc are investing heavily in research and development for the product. In February 2016, the Ashland, Inc acquired Oil Can Henry, a step that would help in expanding its business presence in the Pacific Northwest quick-lube sector.
Grand View Research has segmented the global metalworking fluids market on the basis of material, application and region:
- Global Metalworking Fluids Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Global Metalworking Fluids Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Neat Cutting Oils
- Water Soluble Cutting Oils
- Corrosion Preventive Oils
- Global Metalworking Fluids Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Nano Calcium Carbonate Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/nano-calcium-carbonate-market
- Bunker Oil Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bunker-oil-market
- Monoethylene Glycol (MEG) Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/monoethylene-glycol-market
- Ethylene Amines Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/ethylene-amines-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.