SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 18, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global medical waste containers market size is expected to reach USD 2.6 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2020 to 2027. The increasing number of diagnostic laboratories, the increasing number of patients suffering from cancer, the rising number of surgical procedures across the globe, and the recent outbreak of COVID-19 are the key factors driving the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In terms of revenue, the chemotherapy containers segment held the largest share in 2019. The increasing number of patients suffering from cancer is driving the segment over the forecast period
- The general medical waste segment held the largest market share in 2019 owing to the rising number of diagnostics laboratories across the globe
- The hospitals and private clinics segment is anticipated to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period owing to the increasing number of hospital admissions due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19
- In Asia Pacific, the market is anticipated to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to the rising number of surgeries and the presence of many local key players
Read 90 page research report with ToC on "Medical Waste Containers Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Chemotherapy, RCRA), By Type Of Waste (General, Infectious, Hazardous), By End-use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-waste-containers-market
Medical waste disposal in specific containers is a critical step in maintaining the hygiene and safety standards in hospitals, clinics, and diagnostic laboratories. It ensures that general, infectious, and hazardous hospital remains would not be exposed to the patients as they are transported and managed in a proper systematic way. The recent outbreak of COVID-19 has tremendously increased the volume of hospital remains across the globe.
As per the journal published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in 2020, as per the guidelines issued by the CDC, domestic and hospital remains from observation wards, fever clinics, special examination rooms, laboratories, and isolation wards, especially the nucleic acid testing laboratories, should be marked as COVID-19 related medical remains, and separate containers printed with "COVID-19 infection" should be affixed. In addition, remains from protective facial masks carrying pathogens has also increased to a great extent. Thus, containers with distinct marks were placed in the public areas of the hospital to collect those abandoned masks. Furthermore, an increase in awareness regarding hospital safety standards and increased investments by hospitals in maintaining their cleanliness is also anticipated to propel market growth over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the medical waste containers market on the basis of product, type of waste, end-use, and region:
- Medical Waste Containers Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2027)
- Chemotherapy Containers
- Biohazardous Medical Waste Containers
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Containers
- Medical Waste Containers Type Of Waste Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2027)
- Medical Waste Containers End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2027)
- Hospitals & Private Clinics
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Research Institutes
- Medical Waste Containers Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Medical Waste Containers Market
- Bemis Manufacturing Company
- Mauser Packaging Solutions
- Bondtech Corporation
- Daniels Sharpsmart Inc. (Daniels Health)
- EnviroTain, LLC.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Henry Schein, Inc.
- Sharps Compliance, Inc.
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Drug Eluting Stent Market – Sedentary lifestyles, unhealthy food habits, and lack of exercise are fueling the prevalence rate of atherosclerosis globally. In addition, the dramatic shift from angioplasty to DES for the treatment of atherosclerosis is positively impacting market growth.
- Bone Graft And Substitutes Market – The advent of biocompatible synthetic grafts is also expected to fuel market growth. For instance, in October 2019, McGill University developed a biocompatible and toughened multilayered bone graft for the treatment of large bone defects. The implants were capable of sustaining mechanical loads while being temporary fillers with bone void regrowth.
- U.S. Mechanical Ventilators Market – The market is moving towards saturation as various manufacturers have speeded up their production capacities to meet the existing demand. However, as the prevalence of chronic diseases is on the rise, the demand for critical care units, like ventilators, is expected to be high in the coming years.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.