SAN FRANCISCO, January 30, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The global medical tubing market size is expected to reach USD 11.95 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to expand at a CAGR of 9.1% over the forecast period. Owing to their inertness to body tissues and fluids and low cost for high volume applications plastic materials play an important role in the manufacturing of products, such as conduits for acquiring biopsy samples, stent holders, and vascular catheters. On account of their advantages, such as resistance to sterilization conditions and higher optical transparency, plastic products are witnessing increased adoption in medical equipment.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Silicone polymer segment will be the fastest-growing segment over the forecast period. Due to properties such as hydrophobicity, chemical resistance, and thermal stability, silicone polymers are increasingly used in the manufacturing of diagnostic guide wires, defibrillators, suture sleeves, over-molded surgical blade, and heart pumps
- Bulk disposable tubing was the largest application segment in 2017 and accounted for 35.2% of the global market revenue
- Asia Pacific is estimated to witness robust growth over the forecast period on account of increasing demand from the healthcare sector in China, India, and Japan
- Medical device manufacturers prefer plastic materials that not only meet the quality and safety requirements but also comply with regulatory requirements. To meet the changing customer demand, manufacturers, such as Zeus Industrial Products, Inc., have developed biocompatible plastics, which also comply with the regulatory requirements
- Some of the key companies in this market are ZARYS International Group; TE Connectivity Ltd.; Freudenberg & Co. KG; Spectrum Plastics Group; and Bentec Medical, Inc.
Read 140 page research report with TOC on "Medical Tubing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Catheters, Drug Delivery Systems), By Polymer (Polyolefins, Polycarbonates, Silicone), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-tubing-market
Medical tubes are inserted into the body through nose or mouth to deliver anesthesia or oxygen. Depending on the functionality and application of the device, the products are manufactured in various shapes using specific polymers. In the healthcare industry, surgeons and other end-users prefer miniature devices that enhance the performance of surgical operations. Tubes with smaller and thinner diameter are mostly used in endoscopic miniature devices, which are used for medical connectivity to transfer data from a patient or a medical device to an analytical system.
As per the National Health Services, England, the number of endoscopic procedures is expected to increase from approximately 650,000 in 2011 to 900,000 by 2020. Many other surgical procedures using minimally invasive devices are also expected to increase in the coming years, thereby driving the demand for medical tubes. Rise in consumer disposable income in developing countries, growing geriatric population, and advances in healthcare facilities are some of the key factors driving the medical tubing market.
The highly fragmented U.S. market is witnessing consolidation as major medical plastic manufacturers and medical device Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) are synergizing with various market players in the value chain. For instance, specialty plastics manufacturers, such as Kelcourt Plastics, Inc.; PEXCO LLC; and PPC Industries Inc., merged and formed Spectrum Plastics Group. In 2017, Nordson Corporation integrated horizontally forward across the value chain by acquiring Vention Medical AT, a U.S.-based manufacturer of minimally invasive delivery devices.
Grand View Research has segmented the global medical tubing market on the basis of polymer type, application, and region:
- Medical Tubing Polymer Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Medical TubingApplication Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Bulk Disposable Tubing
- Drug Delivery Systems
- Biopharmaceutical Laboratory Equipment
- Medical Tubing Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Animal Glue Market - The Global animal glue market is anticipated to exhibit significant growth over the forecast period owing to escalating demand for adhesives.
- Bioplastics Market - The global bioplastics market was estimated at around 5.4 million tons in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 20% from 2016 to 2024.
- Propylene Oxide Market - The Global propylene oxide market is expected to show significant growth as a result of increasing polyurethanes' demand in various segments including packaging, automotive, footwear, furniture, and construction.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.