SAN FRANCISCO, July 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global medical tourism market size is expected to reach USD 131.35 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 20.24% during the forecast period. Growing geriatric population coupled with improving accessibility of high-quality and low-cost medical services/procedures are likely to augment the market during the forecast period.
Furthermore, countries such as Thailand, India, and Singapore are home to several tourist attraction spots, which help medical tourists to relax and recover after a medical procedure. This is, thereby, working in favor of the overall market. For instance, in May 2017, Malaysia won the Health and Medical Tourism Destination of the year award by the International Medical Travel Journal.
The medical tourism market is witnessing a high growth due to rising advertising and marketing of medical facilities coupled with increasing government investments in healthcare infrastructure. Apollo Hospital, headquartered in Chennai, India, is located in 60 locations across the nation and has its own health insurance scheme.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Medical Tourism Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Country (Costa Rica, Mexico, India, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore), Competitive Landscape, and Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-tourism-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Thailand is projected to remain at the forefront of the market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to availability of popular treatments such as cosmetic surgery and dental treatment. Around 37 private hospitals are accredited by JCI in Thailand with excellent service. Availability of low-cost, high-quality services provided by private medical centers is poised to help the market in Thailand thrive
- Singapore is also a prominent medical tourism destination in the global arena due to availability of most advanced diagnostic equipment, an efficient healthcare system with high-quality care, and internationally accredited hospitals
- The market in India is estimated to experience significant growth over the coming years owing to increasing healthcare investments, an array of offerings such as Unani, yoga, meditation, Ayurveda, and Homeopathic treatments. Cardiac surgeries, cosmetic surgeries, orthopedic, dental care, organ transplant, infertility, and surrogacy are some of the popular treatments among medical tourists in India. Patients coming to India are mostly from Afghanistan, the Middle East and Africa, Bhutan, the U.S., Bangladesh, Maldives, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka
- Some of the key players are Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited, Bumrungrad International Hospital, KPJ Healthcare Berhad, Fortis Healthcare, Samitivej Hospital, Raffles Medical Group, and Prince Court Medical Center.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Cardiovascular Information System (CVIS) Market - The global cardiovascular information system (CVIS) market was valued at USD 616.7 million in 2015.
- Capnography Device Market - The global Capnography Device Market was valued at USD 262.2 million in 2015.
- Anti-Snoring Devices And Snoring Surgery Market - The anti-snoring devices and snoring surgery market was estimated to be USD 750 million in 2015.
- Digital Dose Inhaler Market - The global Digital Dose Inhaler Market was valued at over USD 839.4 million in 2015. The key reasons contributing to the segment's high growth include the upsurge in the prevalence of chronic respiratory diseases.
Grand View Research has segmented the global medical tourism market based on country:
- Medical Tourism Country Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Costa Rica
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.