SAN FRANCISCO, October 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global masterbatch market is expected to reach USD 15.81 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.6% primarily driven by increasing replacement of metal by plastic is projected to fuel the market growth. In addition, rising demand from the European region is further expected to propel the demand over the forecast period.
In terms of revenue, color masterbatch was the largest segment in 2016 and the trend is anticipated to continue at a growth rate of 7.1% over the forecast period. Increasing need for improving the surface appearance of plastic components in automotive, building & construction, and consumer goods is expected to contribute to the growth. Additive masterbatch is being widely used on account of various properties it imparts to plastics such as antistatic, antifoaming, antioxidant, antimicrobial, thermo-stabilizer, barrier properties, metal deactivators, antiblock, flame retardant, UV stabilizer, oxygen scavenger, and abrasion resistance. The growth of packaging sector, especially plastic packaging, is anticipated to drive the masterbatch demand.
Masterbatch is used in various end-use industries, such as packaging, building & construction, consumer goods, automotive, agriculture, as it imparts useful functional properties such as smooth surface finish and desired hardness. The increasing spending capability of customers toward purchasing attractively packaged consumer goods is expected to trigger the need for various plastic components, which use masterbatches to improve the appearance and other properties. These factors together are anticipated to boost masterbatch market demand over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Masterbatch Market Analysis, By Type, By Carrier Polymer (PP, PE, PVC, PET), By End Use (Packaging, Construction, Consumer Goods, Automotive, Agriculture), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/masterbatch-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Color segment is expected to experience the fastest growth, in terms of value, at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2017 to 2025 as color masterbatch finds application in various end-use industries such as packaging, building & construction, consumer goods, automotive, and agriculture
- Polyethylene emerged as the largest carrier polymer segment, in terms of revenue, in 2016 and is estimated to be valued at USD 5,461.8 million by 2025. The growing popularity on account of useful properties of HDPE, LDPE, and LLDPE is projected to drive the growth.
- Packaging was estimated as the largest end-use industry due to different types of industrial, customer, and retail packaging segments across various geographies
- The U.S. masterbatch market, in terms of revenue, was valued at USD 1,624.3 million in 2016 and is estimated to reach USD 2,920.3 million by 2025. The consumer goods industry in the U.S. is projected to witness the fastest growth over the next eight years owing to the increasing demand from customers.
- Key players including A. Schulman, Inc., Ampacet Corporation, Cabot Corporation, Clariant AG, Plastiblends India Ltd., and Global Colors Group have a prominent presence in the global masterbatch market
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Hydrogen Generation Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hydrogen-generation-market
- Leather Chemicals Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/leather-chemicals-market
- Phosphoric Acid Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/phosphoric-acid-market
- Calcium Carbonate Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/calcium-carbonate-market
Grand View Research has segmented the global masterbatch market on the basis of type, carrier polymer, end use, and region.
- Masterbatch, Type Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Masterbatch Carrier Polymer Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Masterbatch Market End Use Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Building & Construction
- Consumer Goods
- Masterbatch Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/bulk-chemicals
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.