SAN FRANCISCO, May 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global male infertility market is expected to reach USD 4.7 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Globally, increasing infertility in male and advancements in diagnostic tests have been major factors driving the market growth. In addition, growing consciousness regarding factors causing male infertility and Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) has led to increased adoption of treatment.
Furthermore, increasing aging population, rising obesity, and other lifestyle-associated diseases causing infertility are likely to boost the market during the forecast period. In the U.S., one third of infertility cases are due to female factor, one third due to male factors, and remaining one third are unexplained.
DNA fragmentation technique was the largest segment in male infertility tests market in 2016 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period due to rapid growth in next few years. High cost and increasing adoption in developed countries due to higher sensitivity and reliable analysis of sperm DNA integrity are the key factors for its dominance.
In 2016, ART segment dominated in the treatment market due to high success rate. In Vitro Fertilization and Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) are the major ARTs used. Medications include corticosteroids and hormonal therapy; however, they are effective in very few cases. Hence, low demand, less adherence, and lower cost as compared to ART are likely to slow the growth of the medication market.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Male Infertility Market Analysis By Test (DNA Fragmentation Technique, Oxidative Stress Analysis, Microscopic Examination, Sperm Agglutination, Sperm Penetration Assay), By Treatment, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/male-infertility-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Rising demand of ARTs across the globe is expected to propel growth at the fastest rate from 2017 to 2025
- DNA fragmentation technique for the testing of male infertility dominated in 2016 and is estimated to generate revenue at a rapid rate over the forecast period.
- Oxidative stress analysis is another method gaining popularity due to accurate determination of reactive oxygen species. The test accounted second largest share in the testing market.
- The Europe market was the largest in 2016 and is expected to maintain its dominance during forecast period due to higher awareness, strong diagnosis rate, and high adoption of costlier treatment.
- The industry in Asia Pacific is projected to witness substantial growth over the next decade owing to growing investment by several clinics and pharmaceutical companies in the region, and increasing healthcare expenditure.
- Some key players include EMD Sereno, Inc.; Aytu BioScience, Inc.; Bayer Healthcare; Cadila Healthcare Ltd.; Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.; Halotech DNA SL; SCSA diagnostics, Inc.; and Andrology Solutions. However, EMD Sereno, Inc. currently dominates the male infertility market.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Wearable Injectors Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/wearable-injectors-market
- Cardiovascular Ultrasound System Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cardiovascular-ultrasound-system-market
- Care Management Solution Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/care-management-solution-market
- Cell Harvesting Systems Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cell-harvesting-systems-market
Grand View Research has segmented the global male infertility market on the basis of test, treatment, and region:
- Male Infertility Test Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- DNA Fragmentation Technique
- Oxidative Stress Analysis
- Microscopic Examination
- Sperm Agglutination
- Computer Assisted Semen Analysis
- Sperm Penetration Assay
- Male Infertility Treatment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Male Infertility Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: +1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.