CHESTER, England, January 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
TravelSupermarket Releases Infographic Highlighting How Travel Affects Our Mood
According to research conducted by TravelSupermarket in autumn 2011, 52 percent of the happiness we derive from travel is experienced before we even arrive at our destination.
To help extend the holiday bliss and combat the blues, TravelSupermarket has launched an infographic detailing how travel affects emotions and contributes to a person's happiness. Humans seem to be historically hard-wired for travel, and everything from researching destinations and booking a holiday, to anticipating the return to work can impact the mood of travellers.
View the infographic here: http://www.travelsupermarket.com/blog/travellers-guide-to-happiness/
- The human need to travel throughout history
- A breakdown of pre-holiday happiness
- On 7-day trips, 70 percent of travellers begin thinking about work again by day 5
- 56 percent of people experience post-travel blues: how to fight them
- Tips for maximizing travel happiness
Notes to editors:
TravelSupermarket is an online comparison service where customers can find the best value travel options for their needs and purchase over the internet. The website compares flights, car hire, hotels, cruise, package holidays plus dynamic packaging by searching hundreds of travel websites. The information supplied is unbiased and is designed to save the customer time and money.
The site thrives on offering its users accurate real time availability by taking information directly from suppliers such as Opodo, British Airways, Thomas Cook, Radisson, Sol Melia, easyCar, Auto-Europe and many more, ensuring users are presented the best possible price at all times. It searches:
- Over 650 scheduled, low cost and charter airlines from 39 individual suppliers
- Over 200,000 individual hotels from over 42 individual hotel suppliers
- Over 200 individual car hire providers from over 21 suppliers
- 1,000s of individual package holidays from over 34 suppliers
Additionally, travelsupermarket.com also compares prices on travel insurance and on airport car parking.
TravelSupermarket is part of the Moneysupermarket.com Group PLC.
http://www.moneysupermarket.com is a website where consumers can compare personal finance products, save money and apply online. The website has several service areas including personal loans, credit cards, mortgages, current accounts, savings accounts, motor insurance, home insurance, travel insurance, health insurance, mobile phones, broadband and shopping.