SAN FRANCISCO, September 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global linear alkyl benzene (LAB) market size is expected to reach USD 9.27 billion by 2020, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period. Growing application of LAB as industrial cleaners owing to rapid industrialization in developing economies such as China, India, and Brazil. In addition, government regulations regarding restrictions on non-biodegradable materials are further providing a fillip to the market.
Increasing consumer spending coupled with flourishing cleaning industry is likely to fuel the demand over the next six years. Volatile raw material prices, however, are projected to act as a key challenge for market participants. Also, consumers, particularly in developed countries, are becoming aware about adverse effects of using synthetic detergents on the environment and are looking out for bio-based alternatives.
Protean nature of key raw materials such as kerosene and benzene put pressure on profitability of major producers. To minimize effects of volatile raw material prices, market players are paying attention to development of bio-based alternatives. Consumers are becoming aware of adverse effects of using synthetic detergents on the environment and are looking out for bio-based alternatives to LAB.
The LAB is primarily used for the production of linear alkyl benzene sulfonate (LAS), which is used majorly as a surfactant in industrial, household, and commercial applications. Low cost and biodegradable properties of LAS are expected to fuel demand for cleaning applications over the forecast period. Other uses of LAB includes paint industry, ink solvents, electric cable oil, agricultural herbicides, emulsion polymerization, and as wetting agents.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Linear Alkyl Benzene Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Heavy Duty Laundry, Laundry Powders, Washing Liquids, Industrial Cleaners, Household Cleaners), And Segment Forecasts, 2012 - 2020" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/linear-alkyl-benzene-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Heavy-duty laundry emerged as the leading application segment for LAS and accounted for 31.8% of total market volume in 2013
- Growing preference towards liquids to powders in surfactants is expected to restrict the demand for LAS in heavy-duty laundry liquids in next six years
- Asia Pacific emerged as the largest market in 2013. Rising usage of household durables in countries including China and India among others coupled with the infrastructural development in these countries is benefitting the overall regional market growth.
- International players establish partnerships with local industry participants to increase regional foot prints in countries such as India and China
- Major companies operating in the LAB market include CEPSA Quimica S.A., Deten Quimica, Fushun Petrochemical Company, Chevron Phillips Chemicals, Honeywell, Arabian Petrochemical Company, Huntsman Corporation, and Reliance Aromatics and Petrochemicals Pvt. Ltd.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Base Oil Market - The global base oil market size was USD 28.32 billion in 2015.
- Synthetic Lubricants (Group IV, Group V) Market - The global synthetic lubricants market size was 3,821.8 kilo tons in 2015 and is expected to witness significant growth over the next eight years
- Compressor Oil Market - The global compressor oil market size exceeded USD 55.0 billion in 2015.
- Aerospace Lubricant Market - The Global aerospace lubricant market was valued at USD 760.4 million in 2014.
Grand View Research has segmented the global linear alkyl benzene market on the basis of application, and region:
- Linear Alkyl Benzene Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Linear Alkylbenzene Sulphonate (LAS)
- Heavy-duty laundry liquids
- Laundry powders
- Light-duty dish-washing liquids
- Industrial cleaners
- Household cleaners
- Linear Alkylbenzene Sulphonate (LAS)
- Linear Alkyl Benzene Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.