BROOMFIELD, Colorado, April 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Global telecommunications provider Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) has been positioned in the Challengers quadrant of the February 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Services, Global1. The report evaluated 16 network service providers on the completeness of their vision and their ability to execute on services and strategy.
Click this link to access the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Services, Global.
Magic Quadrant Assessment:
- The Magic Quadrant assesses the global network service market and the ability of providers to deliver fixed enterprise networking services with coverage in at least three of the world's five major geographic regions.
- These services include:
- WAN services, predominantly managed hybrid WANs, including Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), internet virtual private networks (VPNs) and Ethernet services
- Cloud connectivity, direct MPLS and/or Ethernet connections to leading providers of cloud services, both infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and software as a service (SaaS)
- Managed software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) services, simplified edge devices with zero-touch installation able to dynamically route traffic over different links based on application policies under central management
- Network function virtualization (NFV) services, the replacement of special-purpose network devices, or WAN optimizers, with virtualized software
- Software-defined networking (SDN) services, software programmability of the network, so a single-access connection can be dynamically configured to deliver varying bandwidth and/or multiple services including Ethernet, internet and MPLS services
- In addition, it is desirable for providers to offer value-added networking services, including, but not limited to, SIP trunks, Managed WAN optimization, Application visibility, Managed LANs and Managed wireless LANs (WLANs).
- This is the third year Level 3 has appeared in the Challengers quadrant.
- As a company, Level 3 has a managed hybrid WAN offering.
- Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions deliver the flexibility to scale bandwidth up and down to meet business needs.
- Level 3 Ethernet services reach more than 290 markets around the world with flexible bandwidth options ranging from 2 Mbps to 6 Gbps.
Anthony Christie, chief marketing officer, Level 3
"In this ever changing digital landscape, Level 3 is committed to providing customers with efficient, reliable and secure solutions that support the needs of their business. We believe being positioned in the Challengers quadrant for the third year in a row demonstrates our commitment to our customers and our global strategy is on target as we continue to make strides in providing market-leading solutions delivered with an exceptional customer experience."
About the Magic Quadrant:
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
1 Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Network Services, Global - Neil Rickard, Bjarne Munch etal. Published: 13 February 2017
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: successfully integrate the tw telecom acquisition; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; maintain and increase traffic on its network; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; attract and retain qualified management and other personnel; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.