- Offers local-to-global comprehensive solutions with the scale and flexibility to help France-based enterprises compete more efficiently in global markets
PARIS, June 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE:LVLT) today announced it is expanding its resources, infrastructure and service portfolio for enterprise customers in France. Level 3 will offer comprehensive solutions to enterprises to help grow their business, become more efficient, and address critical security requirements.
As part of this initiative, including integrated marketing, infrastructure and resources, Level 3 is adding local sales and customer support teams in the region, allowing the company to focus on delivering four key benefits to French enterprises.
- Dedicated, Local Sales Support Teams – Level 3 has established a specialised sales organization, bolstering customer support teams and assigning a point of contact to each level of the customer relationship.
- Extended Network Reach and Access – Level 3 has expanded access to its extensive network, increasing the deployment of points-of-presence in Paris and the surrounding region, and is extending core network capabilities to the regions in and around Lille, Lyon and Toulouse. Enterprise customers in and around these cities will be able to connect to the Level 3 network locally for instant connectivity to global markets with a high-quality, secure infrastructure and with more cost efficiency.
- Enhanced Services – In addition to the transport, data center and IP services that it has provided to the market, Level 3 will now offer a comprehensive set of services directly to French enterprises. Level 3 will offer an extensive portfolio of enterprise services, including, converged voice, VPN, high-performing websites, content distribution network (CDN) and managed DDoS mitigation, as well as collaboration services to customers throughout the country.
- Collaborative Customer Experience – Local sales team acts as an extension of the customer's enterprise, serving as a strategic partner to deliver the transparency and flexibility they need to meet their unique requirements quickly and efficiently.
"Today marks the launch of Level 3's new customer initiative in France, designed to support the needs of enterprise customers with an expanded service offering, extended network, more focused customer experience and a highly skilled and expert workforce," said James Heard, Level 3 regional president of EMEA. "We aim to show our commitment to customers in France by providing them with the market's leading IP-communications support that will help them compete more effectively in the global market."
Level 3 has presence, network operations and services in more than 45 countries, with over 165,000 intercity, metro and subsea fiber route miles, providing a size and depth of connectivity on a broad scale.
For more information on Level 3's advanced network and service offerings, visit www.level3.com.
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 450 markets in 45 countries over a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc. For more information, visit www.level3.com.
Website Access to Company Information
Level 3 maintains a corporate website at www.level3.com, and you can find additional information about the company through the Investors pages on that website at http://lvlt.client.shareholder.com/. Level 3 uses its website as a channel of distribution of important information about the company. Level 3 routinely posts financial and other important information regarding the company and its business, financial condition and operations on the Investor Relations web pages.
Visitors to the Investors Relations web pages can view and print copies of Level 3's SEC filings, including periodic and current reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, as soon as reasonably practicable after those filings are made with the SEC.
Copies of the charters for each of the Audit, Compensation and Nominating and Governance committees of Level 3's Board of Directors, its Corporate Governance Guidelines, Code of Ethics, press releases and analysts and investor conference presentations are all available through the Investor Relations web pages.
Please note that the information contained on any of Level 3's web sites is not incorporated by reference in, or considered to be a part of, any document unless expressly incorporated by reference in that document.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: successfully integrate the Global Crossing acquisition or otherwise realize the anticipated benefits thereof; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; obtain additional financing, particularly in the event of disruptions in the financial markets; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; maintain and increase traffic on its network; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; adapt to rapid technological changes that could adversely affect the company's competitiveness; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; attract and retain qualified management and other personnel; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.