SAN FRANCISCO, May 6, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global laptop market size is anticipated to reach USD 108.91 billion by 2025, according to a study by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 0.4% during the forecast period. Increasing urbanization and growing spending capacities of consumers belonging to middle and upper-middle classes, coupled with evolving lifestyles, are projected to help the global market gain significant momentum over the coming years.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The 2-in-1 laptop segment is anticipated to exhibit the highest CAGR over the forecast period. This can be attributed to growing demand for lightweight and technologically-advanced laptops
- The 13" to 14.9" screen size segment is projected to expand at a CAGR exceeding 0.5% in terms of value over the same period as these laptops are ideal for diverse applications such as personal, gaming, and business
- The USD 501-USD 1,000 segment accounted for a significant market share as these laptops offer long battery life, wide display screen, robust processors, and attractive design at relatively affordable price
- Spiraling demand for online and augmented/virtual reality gaming among youths and professional gamers is bolstering market growth for gaming laptops
- Asia Pacific is poised to register the highest CAGR owing to increasing government initiatives to manufacture low-cost but technologically-proficient laptops
- Some of the prominent industry participants include Dell; HP Development Company, L.P.; ASUSTeK Computer Inc.; Apple Inc.; Acer Inc.; and Lenovo. OEMs are substantially investing in R&D to withstand competition and sustain their dominance in the industry.
Read 140 page research report with TOC on "Laptop Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Screen Size, By Price, By Type (Traditional, 2-in-1), By End Use (Personal, Business, Gaming), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/laptop-market
Furthermore, upsurge in demand for technologically advanced products, particularly in developing countries due to changing needs and consumption patterns, is poised to bolster market growth over the forecast period.
Burgeoning popularity of affordable wireless connectivity and mobility solutions among consumers is likely to spur the growth of the market. Besides this, homogeneous standardization of laptops and advancements in technology are helping in increasing processing power, reducing power consumption, and cutting down costs. This, in turn, is working in favor of the market.
Improving internet infrastructure across the globe is also positively influencing the growth of the market. Factors such as adaptability of mature audiences to dynamic technological environments and favorable adoption of evolving technologies are also expected to trigger the demand for laptops over the forecast period. Moreover, government initiatives such as Made in China 2025, Digital India, and Make in India are also offering immense growth potential to manufacturers operating in the laptop market.
However, increasing sales of smartphones are estimated to be the key restraint for the growth of the market. Factors such as long-lasting battery life, low price, high-speed processors, and large screens, apart from other value-added features such as artificial intelligence, augmented reality (AR) apps, sensors, and enhanced hardware, are leading to wider adoption of smartphones, thereby hampering the sales of laptops.
Grand View Research has segmented the global laptop market based on the type, screen size, price, end use, and region:
- Laptop Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Units, 2014 - 2025)
- Traditional Laptop
- 2-in-1 Laptop
- Laptop Screen Size Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Units, 2014 - 2025)
- Up to 10.9"
- 11" to 12.9"
- 13" to 14.9"
- 15.0" to 16.9"
- More than 17"
- Laptop Price Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Units, 2014 - 2025)
- Above 2,001
- Laptop End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Units, 2014 - 2025)
- Laptop Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Units, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Electronic Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Arbitrary Waveform Generator Market – Global arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) market is a large and growing market demanding colossal investments in technology and integration.
- Vending Machine Market – Global vending machine market is expected to have decent growth prospects owing to less dependency on retailers, cost cutting and need of continuous supply of goods and services.
- Vehicle Telematics Market – Global vehicle telematics market is expected to grow considerably owing to increasing security concerns of users. Constant need of car tracking and fuel-efficiency is expected to fuel market growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.