SAN FRANCISCO, June 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global internet of things (IoT) in retail market size is expected to reach USD 94.44 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a 21.5% CAGR during the forecast period. Increasing demand for improved flexibility, multiple distribution channels, better service, and enhanced experience are expected to provide impetus to industry growth over the forecast period. The growth can be also attributed to merging of digital and in-store operations in retail stores.
Ongoing evolutions in retail such as omnichannel shopping and rapid smartphone adoption rate are enabling retailers to create a brick-and-mortar shopping experience. Smart retailers are engaging with the right technology and making stores more interactive. Smartphones and tablets enabled with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) are used for product promotions, thereby encouraging social sharing.
Such evolutions have led to increased spending on connected technologies to monitor products, customer behavior, premises, and supply chain. Implementation and adoption of connected technologies solutions allow retailers to analyze and monitor existing processes to enhance them with incremental investments. However, with growing IoT permeation, retailers have not been able to exploit the capabilities of IoT.
Furthermore, the emergence of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies are changing the retail scenario as they provide better insights to optimize retail execution efficiently. Retailers can accurately anticipate customer behavior, predict demand, and personalize customer experience. For instance, retailers are predicting demand to offer product endorsements based on data received from customers. Such transformation is expected to occur over the next few years by deploying machine learning in combination with IoT technologies.
Retailers are striving to gain a competitive edge through installation of smart shelves and RFID sensors, which aid in detection of low inventory and track products throughout the respective supply chain. IoT adoption also helps retailers in revolutionizing delivery operations and retail supply chain.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Internet of Things (IoT) in Retail Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Solution, By Hardware (Beacons, RFID Tags, Sensors, Wearables), By Service, By Technology, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/internet-of-things-iot-retail-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Retail IoT software is expected to witness substantial growth with a revenue share of over 40.0% by 2025; this growth can be attributed to increasing adoption of retail analytics software to monitor consumer behavior
- The beacons segment is expected to exhibit a CAGR of over 23.0% from 2016 to 2025 owing to increasing adoption of beacons for enhancing customer in-store experience by offering promotional offers and messages
- The Latin America region is anticipated to account for a revenue share of over 10.0% by 2025 owing to increasing investment in retail infrastructure
- Key industry players include RetailNext Inc.; Losant IoT Inc.; Intel Corporation; Impinj Inc.; and Allerin Tech Pvt. Ltd.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Visualization & 3D Rendering Software Market - The global visualization & 3D rendering software market size was valued at USD 952.4 million in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 5.63 billion by 2025.
- Smart Antenna Market - The global smart antenna market size was valued at USD 4,486.1 million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 8.95 billion by 2025
- 3D Gaming Console Market - The global 3D gaming console market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of over 14% from the year 2015 to 2022. Technological proliferation and superior gaming experience are expected to drive market growth.
- Wet Waste Management Market - Global wet waste management is expected to be valued at over USD 130 billion by 2022. The market is expected to witness a CAGR of over 5% from 2015 to 2022.
Grand View Research has segmented the global Internet of Things (IoT) in retail market based on solution, hardware, service, technology, and region:
- IoT in Retail Solution Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 - 2025)
- IoT in Retail Hardware Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 - 2025)
- RFID tags
- IoT in Retail Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 - 2025)
- Professional services
- Managed services
- IoT in Retail Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 - 2025)
- Bluetooth low energy
- Near field communication
- IoT in Retail Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.