SAN FRANCISCO, February 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global intrapartum monitoring devices market is expected to reach USD 2.83 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The rising occurrences of preterm birth are resulting in increased infant mortality. The mortality rates differ across the globe, owing to the disparities of income, and lack of access to appropriate maternal care facilities in different regions. The regions with larger lower income groups face the highest infant mortality rates due to inadequate availability of obstetric monitoring and other infant care facilities. Effective maternal and postnatal care can help save more than 3 quarters of the premature babies.
According to the reports of WHO, annually 15.0 million infants are born premature. This number has been observed to be on a rise in the past few years. There are multiple causes for premature deliveries, such as high blood pressure, chronic conditions, infections, multiple pregnancies, early induction of labor. Hence, propelling the need for obstetric devices across the globe.
Rising awareness regarding availability of screening and monitoring procedures, growing prevalence of obesity & Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) and increasing demand for improved intrapartum devices are expected to propel the market over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Intrapartum Monitoring Devices Market Analysis Report, By Product (Monitors, Electrodes (Fetal Scalp Electrodes, Intrauterine Pressure Catheter, Transducer for Fetal Heart Rate)), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/intrapartum-monitors-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The growing prevalence of obesity, rising preterm birth rate and increasing need for critical obstetric care is primarily driving the market growth
- The electrodes dominated the market, owing to their affordability, higher adoption volume and repeat purchase.
- The monitors segment is expected to exhibit fastest growth over the forecast period owing to the technological advancements.
- North America dominated the market in 2016, owing to rising prevalence of obesity and diabetes, various government initiatives creating awareness regarding rising incidences of preterm births, availability of monitoring test options, and highly developed healthcare infrastructure.
- Constant rise in the cases of preterm births and infant mortality rates are observed in Asia Pacific. Thus, this region is expected to witness a rapid growth during the forecast period.
- The key players of the market include Analogic Corporation, GE Healthcare, Koninklijke Philips N.V.; Medtronic plc; CooperSurgical, Inc.; Stryker, and Olympus Corporation.
- These players hold a strong position in market with their strategic initiatives such as mergers and acquisitions, partnerships with small/local players to expand their geographic foothold and widening of product portfolio by sharing the technology and products.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Powered Surgical Instruments Market - Increasing volumes of surgical procedures coupled with technological advancements such as the introduction of robot assisted surgical procedures is expected to drive the growth of powered surgical instruments
- Medical Gas Equipment Market - Increasing incidences of respiratory disorders clubbed with the introduction of favorable U.S. FDA regulations is expected to drive medical gas equipment market demand over the next six years.
- Radiofrequency Ablation Devices Market - The global radiofrequency ablation devices market was valued at USD 2,722.4 million in 2013 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.4% during the forecast period.
- Electrophysiology Devices Market - The global electrophysiology devices market was valued at USD 2,763.9 million in 2013 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.4% during the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the intrapartum monitoring devices market report on the basis of device type and region:
- Device Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Fetal Scalp Electrodes
- Intrauterine Pressure Catheter
- Transducer for FHR
- Transducer for Uterine Contractions
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.