SAN FRANCISCO, April 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global internal combustion engine (ICE) market demand is expected to reach 229,439 thousand units by 2025 at a 4.9% CAGR during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising need for fuel efficiency has resulted in engine downsizing and turbocharging, which is expected to escalate market growth over the coming years.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The petroleum segment captured the largest share by fuel type in 2017 and is expected to register a CAGR of close to 5.0% from 2018 to 2025. This growth is ascribed to increasing demand for gasoline powered vehicles as well increasing production of shale gas
- By end use, the automotive engines segment is projected to witness healthy growth over the forecast years, primarily on account of surge in demand for commercial as well as passenger vehicles
- Rising demand for submarines and ships for military applications is expected to drive the marine engines segment from 2018 to 2025
- The Asia Pacific internal combustion engines market accounted for over 40.0% of the overall market volume in 2017, fueled by high demand across the automotive segment
- Key players in this market include Volkswagen AG, General Motors, Rolls-Royce, Caterpillar Inc., Cummins, Toyota Industries Corporation, and Volvo. The industry faces several challenges owing to frequent update in government rules and regulations, making value chain analysis significant.
Read 101 page research report with TOC on "Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Fuel (Petroleum, Natural Gas), By End Use (Automotive, Aircraft, Marine), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/internal-combustion-engine-market
Development of several advanced combustion modes such as homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) is expected to catalyze the growth of the internal combustion engines market. The automotive ICE segment is expected to witness significant growth owing to high vehicle demand over the forecast period. Surging demand for high efficiency engines with low carbon emission is also expected to fuel segment growth.
Availability of alternative-fuel options such as propane auto gas and compressed natural gas as well as and electric vehicles is anticipated to challenge industry growth. However, a complete replacement by these substitutes may take a long time owing to the reliability and efficiency offered by IC engine technology.
Grand View Research has segmented the global internal combustion engine (ICE) market on the basis of fuel, end use, and region:
- Internal Combustion Engine Fuel Type Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units, 2014 - 2025
- Natural Gas
- Internal Combustion Engine End-use Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units, 2014 - 2025
- 50-200 HP
- 200-300 HP
- <300 HP
- 258-1000 HP
- 400-1400 HP
- 730-1800 HP
- Internal Combustion Engine Regional Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Automotive & Transportation Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Robot Cars And Trucks Market – Global robot cars and trucks market is poised to witness significant growth over the forecast period due to technological proliferation and increasing prominence for automated driving technology in the automobile industry.
- Road Haulage Market – Global road haulage market is estimated to witness a strong growth over the forecast period due to the rise in demand for fast and efficient road transportation.
- Automotive Battery Powered Propulsion System Market – Global automotive battery powered propulsion systems market size is expected to witness significant growth over the next seven years and is anticipated to reach 1.3 million by 2022.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.