SAN FRANCISCO, March 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global hydrophilic coatings market size is expected to reach USD 14.74 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for hydrophilic coatings in medical and automotive application is expected to complement market growth over the forecast period.
The demand for hydrophilic coatings is high in medical devices and equipment industry as the industry consumes a significant amount of the overall coatings manufactured. The product creates a lubricious surface resulting in the reduction of medical device stiction, thereby aiding the device positioning by reducing the risk of infection. As a result, the demand for the product is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period.
The surface wettability of materials plays a key role in ensuring the safety and comfort of the drivers, irrespective of the weather conditions. As a result, the hydrophilic coatings are applied on the windshields and mirrors of the vehicles. In addition, the coating generates a good water run-off which enables its use in the evaporators of automotive systems, driving its demand in automotive industry.
The hydrophilic coating market is highly competitive on account of low product differentiation. The major players in the market including Biocoat Inc., Aculon Inc., Harland Medical Systems Inc. and Surmodics Incorporated are constantly undergoing strategic alliances and diverse product innovations to gain market share.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Hydrophilic Coatings Market Size, Share & Trend Analysis Report By Substrate (Polymers, Glass, Metal, Nanoparticles), By Application (Automotive, Medical, Marine), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hydrophilic-coatings-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Polymer substrate accounted for 34.7% of the revenue share as polymers are characterized by low cost, versatility, high durability, lightweight, portable and its flexibility, resulting in freedom of design
- The demand for the coatings for glass substrate was valued at USD 1,665.5 million in 2015 owing to the use of hydrophilic coated glass for eyeglasses, mirrors, optical lenses, and on instruments in humid environments
- The demand for the product in aerospace industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% as the coatings are applied in the aerospace industry on several types of aircrafts in order to create a smooth outer surface and ensure additional protection
- The demand in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% owing to the increasing automotive production in region coupled with the utilization of advanced medical devices and equipment in developing economies including China and India
- The companies operate in multiple locations with their manufacturing facilities and distribution carried out through several sales locations across the regions of operation coupled with third party distribution agencies augmenting the sales network
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Wood Protection Coatings Market - The Growth in the global construction industry combined with rising demand for furniture, decking and siding products is expected to be a key driver for the wood protection coatings market over the next few years.
- Antifouling Coating Market - The Global Antifouling Coating Market size was 84.4 tons in 2014 and is expected to witness considerable growth in light of its increasing demand in hulls and underwater surfaces.
- Decorative Coatings Market - The Global decorative coatings market size was 21,473.1 kilo tons in 2014 and is expected to witness significant growth over the next seven years.
- Optical Coating Market - The Global Optical Coating Market size was USD 9.96 billion in 2014. It is expected to grow owing to rising consumer electronics and high-resolution display market.
Grand View Research has segmented the hydrophilic coatings market on the basis of substrate, application and region:
- Hydrophilic Coatings Substrate Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Hydrophilic Coatings Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Medical devices & equipment
- Hydrophilic Coatings Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/bulk-chemicals
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.