SAN FRANCISCO, July 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global hydrogen peroxide market size is projected to reach USD 2.15 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 4.7% from 2020 to 2027. Rising demand for the product from the global healthcare sector to formulate sanitizers and other disinfectant products is projected to remain the key factor driving the industry.
One of the key factors behind the increasing consumption of the product in the healthcare sector across the globe is the recent outbreak of coronavirus. Demand for hand sanitizers and multiple indoor as well as outdoor disinfectant products, such as floor cleaners and metal disinfectant goods, has quadrupled across all major economies as well as in emerging economies of the world. According to governments worldwide, cleaning of the public spaces, such as public restrooms, airports, bus and metro stations, and commercial spaces, has been made mandatory to curb the spread of the virus. This has led to surge in the consumption of hydrogen peroxide in the industry globally due to its excellent disinfecting properties.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The oxidant function segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.4%, in terms of volume, from 2020 to 2027 due to increasing demand from the chemical synthesis industry
- The personal care application segment is expected to register a CAGR of 5.7%, in terms of volume, from 2020 to 2027 due to increasing consumption of the product as an additive due its favorable physical properties
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the fastest CAGR, in terms of revenue, from 2020 to 2027 owing to presence of a large number of end-use industries in China, India, Vietnam, and Indonesia
- Companies such as Solvay, Evonik Industries, and Arkema are the market leaders with their worldwide brand presence, catering to an array of industries, such as textile producers and essential healthcare formulators
- The market is concentrated with multinational brands present globally and established long-term relations with key end-user groups, thereby limiting entry of new industry participants.
Read 100 page research report with ToC on "Hydrogen Peroxide Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Function (Oxidant, Disinfectant, Bleaching), By Application (Healthcare, Wastewater Treatment), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hydrogen-peroxide-market
The product also witnessed high demand from various personal care products and cosmetic manufacturers, majorly due to its oxidizing abilities and antimicrobial properties. Europe has evolved as a hub for multinational personal care item producers, such as Loreal, Unilever, Procter & Gamble, and Deutschland GmbH, with their presence across the European marketspace including countries, such as France, U.K., Italy, Germany, and Spain.
In terms of the consumption in the textile sector, Asia Pacific, followed by Europe, has been leading the global market due to increased penetration of fabric manufacturers and detergent formulators. The substance finds key application in the sector as a fabric whitening agent as well as disinfecting agent, which is used after apparel cleaning. Growing awareness among the consumers to adapt to cleanliness is projected to remain a key factor behind industry growth across these regions.
Moreover, Asia Pacific is emerging as a key market for food and beverage process from a global standpoint due to increasing consumption of processed food by the natives of China, Indonesia, South Korea, India, and Japan. Demand for the product in packaging food applications due to its ability to prevent antimicrobial contamination is predicted to be a key boost to the substance's demand in the food and beverage sector.
Grand View Research has segmented the global hydrogen peroxide market on the basis of function, application, and region:
- Hydrogen Peroxide Function Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Hydrogen Peroxide Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Pulp & Paper
- Chemical Synthesis
- Wastewater Treatment
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care
- Hydrogen Peroxide Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- List of Key Players of Hydrogen Peroxide Market:
- Evonik Industries
- Gujarat Alkalies & Chemicals Ltd.
- OCI Company Ltd.
Find more research reports on Disinfectants & Preservatives Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Sodium Hypochlorite Market– Rising demand for the product from water treatment chemical manufacturing companies as well as from sanitizer producers worldwide is projected to remain key factors for the market growth.
- Sodium Chlorite Market– High demand for the chemical in wastewater treatment and water purification applications owing to its biocidal and antimicrobial properties is expected to fuel the demand for sodium chlorite over the forecast period.
- Peracetic Acid Market– Growing usage of peracetic acid (PAA) as a sanitizer, disinfectant, and bleaching agent among key applications are expected to drive the market growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.