SAN FRANCISCO, June 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Global human milk oligosaccharides market is expected to reach USD 134.7 million by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The human milk oligosaccharides industry is expected to witness significant demand owing to increasing need from infant formula and functional food & beverage applications.
Numerous players have been investing for development of new technologies for commercial scale product manufacturing, thus augmenting growth. For instance, Inbiose N.V. uses fermentation process for commercial scale production of human milk oligosaccharides.
Rising concern regarding gut health coupled with increasing dairy industry is expected to augment product demand in dairy and pharmaceutical applications. Changing consumer lifestyles and shift towards nutritious food is expected to boost product need over the forecast period. In addition, issues related to infant malnutrition and mortality throughout the world is expected to augment product over the next seven years.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Human Milk Oligosaccharides Market Analysis By Application (Infant Formula, Functional Food & Beverages, Food Supplements) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/human-milk-oligosaccharides-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Infant Formula was the largest application, accounting for over 70% of global volume in 2014. High infant mortality rate coupled with increased need of the product for infants deprived of mother's milk is expected to propel demand.
- Functional food & beverages are expected to witness rise on account of growing awareness towards gut health. In addition, rapidly growing need for better healthcare services and nutritional food products in Asia Pacific and Latin America is expected to fuel growth over the next seven years. The segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17.9% from 2015 to 2022.
- Europe was the dominant region in terms of volume, accounting for over 35.0% of the total share in 2014 primarily due to growing demand for prebiotic products. Europe human milk oligosaccharides demand is expected to grow at a significant rate owing to regulations promoting use of 2'FL and LNnT in infant formulas.
- The global market is consolidated with limited players dominating the industry. Key companies present include Inbiose, Elicityl SA, Jennewein Biotechnologie, Glycom, Medolac Laboratories, ZuChem, and Glycosyn. These companies are extensively involved in R&D activities for the product. Moreover, some of the players including Glycom A/S are integrated across the value chain, where they produce the raw materials used in manufacturing of HMOs.
Grand View Research has segmented the global human milk oligosaccharides market on the basis of application and region:
- Global Human Milk Oligosaccharides Application Outlook (Volume, Grams; Revenue, USD Thousand, 2012 - 2022)
- Infant Formula
- Function food & Beverages
- Food Supplements
- Global Human Milk Oligosaccharides Regional Outlook (Volume, Grams; Revenue, USD Thousand, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Butyl Rubber (IIR) Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/butyl-rubber-iir-market
- Cosmetics Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cosmetics-market
- Alcohol Ethoxylate Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/alcohol-ethoxylate-market
- Smart Pills Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smart-pills-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.