SAN FRANCISCO, June 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
The global home healthcare market is expected to reach USD 355.3 billion by 2020, growing at an estimated CAGR of 7.8% from 2014 to 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Home healthcare products are generally applied to a broad range of equipment and services designed for exclusive use for home or other non-medical establishments by non-professional caregivers, family members, or the patients themselves. Increasing adoption of telehealth and other emerging healthcare technologies are expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Home Healthcare Market Analysis By Product (Therapeutic, Diagnostic Equipment, Mobility Assist, Diabetes Monitor, Intravenous Pumps, Holter Monitors, Heart Rate Meters, Wheel Chairs), By Service (Rehabilitation Services, Unskilled Home Care, Respiratory Therapy, Infusion Therapy, Telemetry) And Segment Forecast to 2020"at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/home-healthcare-industry
Home healthcare is rapidly getting adopted as a cost effective alternative to healthcare establishment based therapy and therefore, growing geriatric population base and prevalence of chronic conditions requiring long term care is also expected to have a positive impact on growth. Presence of untapped potential in emerging markets such as India, Brazil and China and increasing health awareness are expected to serve this market as future growth opportunities.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Home healthcare services dominated the overall market, accounting for over 85% of global revenue in 2013, due to increasing demand for Infusion therapy services and telemetry.
- Infusion therapy is expected to be the fastest growing services market, at an estimated CAGR of 11.7% from 2014 to 2020. Increasing initiatives undertaken by healthcare service providers to curb costs associated with specialty drugs and by retail pharmacies to render efficient chronic disease management solutions are some of the drivers of this market.
- Home healthcare based diagnostics dominated the product market in terms of share at 41.4% in 2013. Growing prevalence diabetes and cardiovascular diseases and the consequent rise in demand for constant patient monitoring is one of the major factors attributing to its large share.
- North America was the largest regional market in 2013, accounting for over 40% of the revenue. Presence of sophisticated healthcare and reimbursement infrastructure, high patient awareness levels and healthcare expenditure are some of the factors accounting for its large share. In addition, increasing R&D initiatives aimed at developing new products suitable for use in home healthcare environments is expected to boost market demand in this region.
- Asia Pacific home healthcare market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 9.7% from 2014 to 2020 majorly owing to high unmet medical needs coupled with rapidly improving healthcare infrastructure in emerging markets of India and China. Presence of a large geriatric population base in Japan is also expected to drive regional market growth during the forecast period.
- Key industry participants of this market include Almost Family Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Abbott Laboratories, Sunrise Medical Inc., 3M healthcare, Baxter international Inc., Medtronic Inc., Cardinal health Inc., Roche diagnostics corp., Air liquid, Arcadia resources, Inc., Bayer healthcare AG, Amedisys, Inc., Nxstage Medical, Inc., Arkray Inc., Apria healthcare group, Odyssey Healthcare Inc., Medline Industries Inc., Philips healthcare, Medco Health Solutions Inc., Graham-Field health products Inc., Hill-Rom holdings Inc., Gentiva health services Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Linde Healthcare, Lincare holdings Inc. and Kinetic concepts .
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research:http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the breast pumps market on the basis of product, technology and region:
- Home Healthcare Product Outlook
• Therapeutic equipment
• Home respiratory therapy equipment
• Home insulin delivery devices
• Home IV pumps
• Other therapeutic equipment
• Home dialysis equipment
• Home diagnostic equipment
• Home diabetes care devices
• Home blood pressure monitors
• Home multi-parameter patient monitors
• Home pregnancy and fertility tests
• Other self monitoring equipment
• Apnea and sleep monitors
• Holter monitors
• Heart rate meters
• Mobility assist and other equipment
• Wheelchairs and related devices
• Home medical furniture
• Walking assist devices
- Home Healthcare Service Outlook
• Rehabilitation service providers
• Unskilled home care
• Respiratory therapy services
• Infusion therapy
- Home Healthcare Regional Outlook
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market Analysis By Product (Hygiene Products, Incontinency Pads & Ostomy Liners, Panty Shield, Disposables Underwear, Disposables Diapers, Nonwoven Medical Supplies, Disposable Surgical Masks, Surgical Drapes, Surgical Caps, Surgical Gowns, Sterile Nonwoven Swab) And Segment Forecasts To 2020
- Deep Brain Stimulators (DBS) Market Analysis By Application (Pain Management, Epilepsy, Essential Tremor, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Depression, Dystonia, Parkinsons Disease) And Segment Forecasts To 2020
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.