SAN FRANCISCO, April 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global head and neck cancer drugs market size is expected to be valued at USD 1.41 billion by 2022, as per a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 9.4% during the forecast period. The market is expected to be collectively driven by development of innovative and cost-effective treatments, numerous side effects related to radiation therapy and chemotherapy, increased healthcare expenditure, and better government initiatives.
As most patients suffering from head and neck cancer are diagnosed at an advanced stage, their management is often done with a multidisciplinary approach involving surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and immunotherapy in the head and neck cancer therapeutics market. Major challenges faced by this patient population are morbidity issues and poor quality of life owing to the incapacitating effects of standard of care treatment paradigms. Anemia, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, joint pain, and osteoporosis are some of the main side effects resulting from head and neck cancer treatments.
Based on recent clinical results, immunotherapies have gained traction as a precision medicine initiative for the management of head and neck cancer. Increased immunity and immune modulation research in cancer offers new vulnerabilities that may be pharmacologically exploitable. Immunotherapy drugs such as PD inhibitors, Opdivo, and Keytruda have shown superior safety and efficacy profile in treatment of head and neck cancer. Expansion of immunotherapies will continue moving toward rational combinations with other first line or adjuvant therapies for effective treatment of metastatic or recurrent head and neck cancer. EGFR and microtubule inhibitor therapeutic classes are witnessing a fundamental shift from biologics to biosimilars.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Head and Neck Cancer Drugs/Therapeutics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Therapeutic Class (PD Inhibitors, EGFR Inhibitors, Microtubule Inhibitors), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2016 - 2022" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/head-neck-cancer-drugs-therapeutics-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Market growth will be driven by rising number of patients, increasing adoption of immunotherapeutic drugs, and launch of new drug delivery approaches to improve overall survival rates
- Among EU5, Germany captured the top position in the global head and neck cancer therapeutics market, whereas by 2022, Spain is expected to lead the market. U.S. is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period
- Immune checkpoint inhibitors such as Opdivo and Keytruda are gaining traction and will continue to do so through forecast period, capturing more than 60.0% of the market in 2022
- PD inhibitors will capture market share from microtubule inhibitors and EGFR inhibitors but will help expand overall franchise revenue
- Newer immunotherapies directed against PD-1 ligands and PD-L1 proteins have shown to be more effective with superior safety profile
- Late stage pipeline products include checkpoint inhibitors such as Imfinzi and Bavencio
- Key players operating in this industry include Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, Eli Lilly, and Sanofi.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Anti-Tumor Drugs Market - The global market for anti-tumor drugs is expected to surpass USD 110 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR greater than 6% over the forecast period.
- Bipolar Disorder Market- The global bipolar disorder market size was valued at USD 4.9 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.1% during the forecast period.
- Preclinical CRO Market - The global preclinical CRO market size was valued at USD 3.25 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period.
- Psoriasis Drugs Market - The global psoriasis therapeutics market size was valued at USD 11.5 billion in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global head and neck cancer drugs market based on therapeutic class and region:
- Head and Neck Cancer Drugs Therapeutic Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2022)
- PD Inhibitors
- EGFR Inhibitors
- Microtubule Inhibitors
- Head and Neck Cancer Drugs Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2022)
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.