NEW YORK, August 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Increase in Brand Manager, CEO and Product Development Titles
As the leading event for product development initiatives, HBA Global Expo & Conference once again provided a strong business-building and educational platform for the cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and skin care and wellness industries.
Detailed audience analysis for the event that took place June 28-30, 2011 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York showed:
- 17% increase in Brand Manager titles
- 15% increase in Product Development/Management titles
- 12% increase in CEO/Owner/Corporate Management titles
HBA Global 2011 also saw a 17% increase in attendees who worked for either a marketer, manufacturer, or distributor of cosmetics, fragrance and personal care as well as an uptick in retailers and wholesalers attending the show. For 40% of the attendees, HBA Global is the only trade show and conference that they attend.
In addition HBA Global found that these qualified attendees are starting to invest again in new innovations and product development resources with:
- 10% increase in those being able to approve or recommend suppliers seen at the show
- 3% increase in attendees who have a $500,000 or more budget to spend on HBA products and services
"HBA Global was a good experience for B.kolormakeup&skincare, as we just entered the US market a year ago and we had meetings with potential clients as well as our existing customers," said Mario De Luigi. "It was exciting to hear from attendees that there is a new wave of interest in top quality products and real innovation, two elements that are the first objective for B.kolormakeup&skincare."
Of significant note, was that HBA Global in June had an increase in European exhibitors with Polo Cosmesi bringing a contingent of top companies among other companies.
"New York, like Paris and Milano, is one of the capitals of fashion, trends and design. Cosmetics are a part of trends; they follow the consumers in every moment of their life and helps life to be unique. The Italian cosmetic industry is a leader in the world for the production of colours for make-up and innovation on cosmetics area, this means strong R&D on formulations, packaging and service. HBA Global is the stage that they choose to present new trends and products for the American market," stated Alessandra Ginelli, Director, Reindustria.
With close to 16,000 attendees, HBA Global continues to be the premier source for the product development community and also a leading educational provider with more than 60 sessions in the Marketing, Technical, Skin Care, Global Perspectives and Green Tracks. Key areas of interest for HBA Global conference attendees this year were: "Trends in Sustainability;" "A to Z of Launching a Green Natural Product;" "Marketing Innovations;" "Trends in the European Market;" "Creating a Successful Beauty Brand;" "The Changing World of Beauty Distribution;" "What Women Want: Connecting with the Consumer;" "Branding and Design: Leveraging the Marketing Power of Packaging;" "Skin Care Market Trends;" "Testing and Substantiating Claims Scientifically;" "The Dermatology-Cosmeceutical Interface: A Provocative Inquiry;" and "Accelerating Growth through Strategic Partnerships."
Another highlight of HBA Global was a 13% increase in VIP participants. The HBA VIP Program provides buying teams from major brands and niche players with specialized on-site amenities to enhance their HBA experience and includes a business lounge with private meeting rooms and an area to relax from the show floor.
"This was my first time at HBA Global and I thought the service and experience as a VIP at this show was excellent," said Lori Koontz, Brand Manager, ULTA Private Label. "The VIP Lounge was convenient, accessible, comfortable and really a treat."
With "networking opportunities" and "discovering new innovations" identified as key objectives for HBA attendees, the event also offered and showcased these areas of interests:
- The Map Your Show Planner online interactive tool had 4,800+ meeting agenda plans created in advance of the show.
- The Trends Zone featuring the HBA New Products Showcase--with 37% more new products showcased.
- The HBA Keynote presentation with Dan Brestle, an Estee Lauder Company veteran, providing insight on how communications is a key to success and Mike Indursky of Bliss World, energizing attendees on new ways to market brands and stay ahead of the competition.
- The Positively Beautiful Award to Kelly Choi, National TV Personality, in recognition of her charitable work with AngelWish and City Meals on Wheels.
- The International Package Design Awards ceremony and reception with a welcome by Anisa International and awards presentation by TV personality, Lady Emmy. The Grand Award went to the Stila Color Wheel Palette in the Cosmetics Prestige Category. All the winners can be viewed here: http://www.hbaexpo.com/ipda_2011winners
- For the first time, as part of the DOC International Buyers Program, HBA also had an increase in international delegates and an on-site International Business Center for export and import counseling and meetings.
- The Social Spot featuring Tweet-ups, the popular Beauty Bloggers meet and greet, and a "Social Media and New Career Directions," panel.
In 2012, HBA Global Expo & Conference will take place June 19-21, again at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
"A priority for HBA Global in 2012 is to bring even more qualified buyers to the event. We are setting up focus groups, listening to what brands want from the event and communicating with industry suppliers to make sure that we continue to provide the best forum and real value for everyone involved in the beauty and personal care industry," said Jill Birkett, Brand Director, Beauty & Wellness, UBM Live.
For more information on HBA Global Expo Events and to exhibit, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-609-759-7617. Companies outside the U.S. can contact the International Sales Director at email@example.com. Updated information, industry blogs, and the online and interactive HBA product directory can be found at http://www.hbaexpo.com.
About HBA Global Expo & Conference
HBA Global Expo & Conference (http://www.hbaexpo.com) produced by UBM Live, is the most important product development source-from concept to market-for the cosmetics, personal care, skin care, fragrance and wellness industries and features a comprehensive educational program and exhibits floor with attendees coming from the top prestige, mass and emerging beauty and personal care brands worldwide. HBA Global Expo & Conference is co-located with the New York Spa & Resort/Medical Aesthetics Expo (http://www.spaandresortexpo.com). Connect with the HBA Global communities on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
SOURCE HBA Global