SAN FRANCISCO, October 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global graphene nanoplatelets market is expected to reach USD 206.0 million by 2025, according to a report by Grand View Research, Inc. The rising demand for lightweight composite materials in numerous end-user industries is expected to propel the market growth.
The product has unique mechanical properties including high tensile strength, surface hardness, and stiffness. Layered composition of the particles imparts superior thermal and electrical properties of the product as compared to conventional carbon compounds. Furthermore, the unique platelet morphology of these nanomaterials leads to improved barrier properties. Therefore, nano-dimensional size, material composition, and thermal & electrical conductivity encourage their usage in composites, energy & power, conductive inks & coatings, and lubricants.
Enhanced toughness, scratch resistance, and abrasion resistance have fueled the usage of the product in composites. Composites based on graphene nanoplatelets are experiencing surging demand in the automotive, aerospace, and construction industries. The growing demand for advanced composite materials in several end-user industries is anticipated to propel the market growth over the forecast period.
North America held the largest share of the global market in 2016 owing to significant demand for high-performance composites and sustainable energy & power storage system. Considerable presence of various aircraft and automotive manufacturers has boosted the demand in the U.S. over the past few years. Asia Pacific is projected to witness spurring demand for graphene nanoplatelets over the forecast period. Supportive governmental policies in countries including China and India are expected to favor the market growth in Asia Pacific.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Graphene Nanoplatelets Market Analysis By Application (Composites, Energy & Power, Conductive Inks & Coatings), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific) And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/graphene-nanoplatelets-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global graphene nanoplatelets market was valued at USD 11.9 million in 2016 and is expected to grow at a robust CAGR of 37.6% from 2017 to 2025, driven by the increasing consumption in key end-use verticals such as aerospace and energy & power
- Advantageous features including electrical conductivity, thermal stability, and increased stiffness have encouraged the consumption of the product in various applications
- Composites application segment is expected to dominate the global market owing to significant demand in the aerospace & defense, automotive, and construction sectors
- In terms of revenue, the composites segment accounted for around 31% share of the global market in 2016 followed by energy & power
- Energy & power is predicted to be the fastest-growing application segment of the global market owing to increased use of graphene nanoplatelets in lithium-ion batteries, lead batteries, and ultracapacitors
- In terms of revenue, North America held the largest share of the global market in 2016 owing to significant demand in developed countries such as the U.S. and Canada
- Asia Pacific is estimated to dominate the global market by 2025, surpassing North America. Prospective industrial growth in countries including China, India, and Japan are likely to attribute to the rapid growth in the Asia Pacific region.
- Key players include XG Sciences, Inc.; ACS Materials LLC; CVD Equipment Corporation.; Angstron Material Inc.; and Group NanoXplore Inc. The market is fragmented in nature owing to the presence of numerous small and medium-scale producers.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Gold Potassium Cyanide Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/gold-potassium-cyanide-market
- Nano scale Chemicals & Materials Market -http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/nano-scale-chemicals-and-materials-market
- Nanofillers Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/nanofillers-market
- Gold Nanorods Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/gold-nanorods-market
Grand View Research has segmented the global graphene nanoplatelets market on the basis of application and region:
- Graphene Nanoplatelets Application Outlook (Volume, Kilograms; Revenue, USD Thousand; 2014 - 2025)
- Energy & Power
- Conductive Inks & Coatings
- Graphene Nanoplatelets Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilograms; Revenue, USD Thousand; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/advanced-materials
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.