Metro 2.0 Ethernet Powers Software-Defined Network Solutions
LONDON, Nov. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Global businesses looking for greater visibility and control over their enterprise networks can now leverage the flexibility and performance of Ethernet services from Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) in 15 additional European markets. Level 3's award-winning Metro 2.0 global Ethernet platform empowers businesses to run more efficient and adaptable networks through solutions bolstered by virtualization and software-defined networking (SDN). Enterprises can access Level 3 Ethernet services in 290 markets around the world.
Visit http://www.level3.com/en/products/ethernet/ to learn more about Level 3's agile Ethernet platform and its SDN-based Adaptive Network Control Solutions.
- With private connectivity, scalable bandwidth and custom configuration options, Level 3 Ethernet services are ideal for secure, high-speed connections between corporate headquarters, public and private data centers and public, private and hybrid cloud environments.
- Level 3 Ethernet services are currently available in 290 markets around the world – including 15 new locations in Europe – with flexible bandwidth options ranging from 2 Mbps to 6 Gbps.
- Frost & Sullivan recognized Level 3 with its 2015 Competitive Strategy Innovation and Leadership Award for Business Metro Carrier Ethernet Services.
- In March, Level 3 announced its initial Metro 2.0 Ethernet expansion in Europe. Additional expansion of Level 3 Ethernet services to the Asia-Pacific region is planned for early 2017.
- Level 3's goal is to deliver a single, global Ethernet platform that delivers a customer-defined networking experience, one where enterprises respond to changing business needs by interacting with and creating their own telecom services on demand and in real time based on a holistic view of their network.
- Level 3's Ethernet solutions are available in point-to-point or point-to-multipoint configurations
- Level 3's next-generation Metro 2.0 Ethernet platform supports E-Line, E-Access and Cloud Service Provider (CSP) connectivity and is backed by service levels for latency and on-net availability of up to 99.999 percent
- With Level 3's Adaptive Network Control with Dynamic Capacity, enterprises have network flexibility that allows them to scale their bandwidth needs based on scheduling, ad hoc requirements, or predefined thresholds, which can reduce service disruption, cumbersome paperwork or delays associated with traditional service changes.
- Level 3 Enhanced Management offers advanced network analytics, and when paired with Dynamic Capacity, the ability to set threshold-driven network triggers that automatically adjust bandwidth to meet business needs.
Andrew Crouch, Regional President, EMEA and Global Accounts Management Division, Level 3 Communications
"Enterprises are undergoing a rapid digital transformation that is only accelerating. The world they are operating in today will be vastly different next year; to compete, they will need their network resources to be just as agile and flexible as they are reliable and secure."
- WEBINAR: New Dynamic, Assured Third Network Services Powered By LSO
- MAP: Level 3's Global Ethernet Network
- VIDEO: Adaptive Network Control – Bandwidth On Demand
- FACT SHEET: Level 3 Ethernet Solution Matrix
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc. For more information, visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.