SAN FRANCISCO, August 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global gas sensor market is anticipated to reach USD 3,436.2 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Factors such as increased demand for smart & wireless gas sensors and regulatory initiatives in developed markets of North America and Europe have propelled the adoption of gas sensors.
A gas sensor is a device that detects the presence of gases in a particular area and is often integrated into a safety system. These gas sensors consume low power and can be integrated into portable handheld devices, which further creates opportunities for market growth. Technological developments, such as enhancement of MEMS sensors, and need for hydrogen detection on account of its use as a fuel are also expected to contribute to industry growth.
The introduction of embedded electronics, coupled with sophisticated firmware and improved manufacturing techniques, has enabled developments in gas detection technologies. Numerous sensors are used to monitor emission levels and air quality in the automotive industry. Moreover, the accelerated use of wireless sensor technologies and semiconductor-based sensors is expected to further drive market growth.
The infrared technology segment is anticipated to witness substantial growth as it enables the measurement of a wide variety of gases including methane, carbon dioxide, and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) such as acetylene, benzene, and butane. Moreover,the increased adoption of gas sensors can be attributed to the high need for safety in the industrial sector. This is further creating opportunities for market growth.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Gas Sensor Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis By Product, By Technology, By End Use (Medical, Environmental, Petrochemical, Automotive, Industrial, Agriculture, Others), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/gas-sensors-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The demand for gas sensors has increased over the years owing to their reliability in performance, real-time monitoring, and cost effectiveness.
- The U.S. government is investing considerable amount of monetary and non-monetary resources to encourage the adoption of gas sensors across various sectors and carry out initiatives such as smart cities.
- Stringent safety regulations to protect workers from hazardous gases in industries are boosting the market growth.
- Various end users are adopting electrochemical sensors in Europe owing to features such as indoor air quality, emission control, landfill gas detection, and others.
- Key players in the market include ABB Ltd., Robert Bosch LLC, and Nemoto & Co. Ltd., among others.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- CMOS Image Sensor Market - The Global CMOS image sensor market was estimated at USD 7.21 billion in 2013.
- Automotive Sensor Market - The global automotive sensor market size was estimated at USD 18.68 billion in 2014.
- Biometric Sensor Market - The global Biometric Sensor Market size was valued at USD 810.9 million in 2015.
- Consumer Electronic Sensors Market - The global consumer electronic sensors market size is expected to exceed USD 34 billion by 2022.
Grand View Research has segmented the market based on product, technology, end use, and region:
- Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Oxygen/Lambda Sensors
- Carbon Dioxide Sensors
- Carbon Monoxide Sensors
- NOx Sensors
- Methyl Mercaptan Sensor
- Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Solid State/MOS
- Infrared (IR)
- End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Building Automation & Domestic Appliances
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.