SAN FRANCISCO, July 3, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global epigenetics diagnostic market size is expected to reach USD 21.7 billion by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 18.8% over the forecast period, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing prevalence of cancer and other diseases across the globe, along with epigenetic modification base, is anticipated to fuel the industry growth during the forecast period.
Key suggestions from the report:
- On the basis of product, reagents held the largest share owing to increasing R&D activities in field of epigenetics. Kits are expected to witness high demand over the forecast period, expanding at a CAGR of 19.2% due to need for rapid and accurate detection techniques
- Based on technology, DNA methylation held a major share in terms of revenue in 2018. Technological advancements such as Methylation Sensitive PCR (MSP) and rapid adoption of these products to improve diagnostics efficiency are the factors attributing to its largest share
- Growing prevalence of cancer with epigenetic modification is a key factor driving the oncology application segment. Solid tumors further dominated the segment in 2018
- North America emerged as a major regional market in 2018 due to factors such as high levels of patient awareness, growing collaborations between large pharmaceutical firms for development of improved therapeutics, increasing funding for R&D, and increasing cancer prevalence
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to witness significant growth over the forecast period with a CAGR of 20.9% owing to the presence of large target population having cancer, diabetes, and other chronic disorders, along with parallel unmet clinical needs
- Major players of the industry include Sigma-Aldrich Corporation; Valirx Plc; Oncolys Biopharma Inc.; Zymo Research Corporation; Qiagen; Thermo Fisher Scientific; Diagenode Diagnostics; and Illumina, Inc. Extensive R&D initiatives for development of novel drugs and presence of strong product pipeline are expected to further boost the market growth over the forecast period.
Read 153 page research report with TOC on "Epigenetics Diagnostic Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology, By Product (Reagents, Kits, Instruments), By Application (Oncology, Non-oncology), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/epigenetics-diagnostic-market
Diagnostic companies are upgrading their products by implementing new techniques for attaining specific and sensitive results. Companies such as Abcam plc, Invitrogen, and Sigma Aldrich Corporation are developing a new range of Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-validated antibodies specific for detection of histone modifications at various loci.
In addition, many biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies and academic research organizations are collaborating to promote the growth of the epigenetics diagnostic industry. Companies such as Epigenomics, OncoMethylome Sciences, and Orion Genomics have collaborated with other laboratories and diagnostic companies that have licensed their technology for development of Laboratory-developed Tests (LDTs).
Technological advancements resulting in increased accuracy, portability, and cost-effectiveness are expected to be a high-impact rendering driver in the market. For instance, Diagnosed has developed automated kits for detection and purification of methylated DNA.
Grand View Research has segmented the global epigenetics diagnostic market on the basis of product, technology, application, and region:
- Epigenetics Diagnostic Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
- ChIP Sequencing Kit
- Whole Genomic Amplification Kit
- Bisulfite Conversion Kit
- RNA Sequencing Kit
- Epigenetics Diagnostic Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
- DNA Methylation
- Histone Methylation
- Histone Acetylation
- Large non-coding RNA
- MicroRNA modification
- Chromatin structures
- Epigenetics Diagnostic Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2026)
- Solid tumors
- Liquid tumors
- Inflammatory diseases
- Metabolic diseases
- Infectious diseases
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Epigenetics Diagnostic Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Clinical Diagnostics Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Oncology Companion Diagnostics Market – Increase in collaborations between key diagnostics manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies for the development of effective solutions to circumvent cancer management related challenges is driving the oncology companion diagnostics market.
- Asthma & COPD Market – Increasing prevalence of respiratory diseases owing to the growing aging population and increasing pathogens in the environment has been the key factor driving the asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) market globally.
- Neuroendocrine Carcinoma Market – Neuroendocrine carcinoma market is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period due to increase in incidence of neuroendocrine tumors (NETs) around the globe.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.