SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 14, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global drainage bottles market size is anticipated to reach USD 704.3 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.0% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing incidence of accidents, increasing prevalence of diseases such as uremia and cardiovascular disease, and rising number of thoracic surgeries are driving the market.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- On the basis of application, the chest drainage segment dominated the market with a share of 26.0% in 2020, owing to the high adoption of drainage bottles during cardiovascular procedures and outbreak of COVID-19
- Based on end use, the hospitals & clinics segment dominated the market with a share of 63.0% in 2020. The segment growth is majorly driven by the increasing number of patients suffering from cardiovascular disorders
- Asia Pacific dominated the market with the highest revenue share of 30.07% in 2020, owing to the presence of a large patient pool along with the rising aging population.
Read 110 page market research report, "Drainage Bottles Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Accel Evacuated, Urostomy/Urinary), By End Use (Hospitals & Clinics, Homecare, Nursing Facilities), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028", by Grand View Research
Drainage bottles are used in surgeries such as thoracic surgery, and in the treatment of wounds. Thus, the increasing prevalence of wounds and rising number of accidents are a few factors increasing the demand for drainage bottles. For instance, as per the National Health Portal, in India, approximately 7 million people suffer from a type of burn injury every year. In addition, as per CDC, every year approximately 1.35 million people are killed in road accidents across the globe. Furthermore, around 20-50 million people suffer non-fatal injuries resulting in long-term disabilities.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for drainage bottles has increased due to the increased number of hospital admissions of people suffering from COVID-19. The increasing prevalence of COVID has also resulted in other diseases such as pneumonia, which do require chest drainage for treatment, thus, increasing the demand for drainage bottles.
Grand View Research has segmented the global drainage bottles market on the basis of application, end use, and region:
- Drainage Bottles Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Chest Drainage
- Accel evacuated
- Peritoneal Drainage
- Wound drainage
- Drainage Bottles End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Hospitals & clinics
- Nursing facilities
- Drainage Bottles Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Drainage Bottles Market
- PFM Medical, Inc.
- Lily Medical Corporation
- MEDINORM Medizintechnik GmbH
- Jigsaw Medical, LLC
- B. Braun Medical Inc.
- Sterimed Group
- Rocket Medical plc.
Check out more studies related to surgical drainage devices, published by Grand View Research:
- Surgical Drainage Devices Market – The global surgical drainage devices market size was valued at USD 1.15 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6% from 2021 to 2028. The market witnessed a substantial decline in 2020 owing to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Drainage Catheter Market – The global cerebrospinal fluid drainage catheter market size was valued at USD 257.34 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.5% from 2021 to 2028. The demand for Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) drainage catheters is anticipated to upsurge owing to the rising incidence of neurological disorders and increasing road accidents, which result in traumatic brain and spinal injuries.
Browse through Grand View Research's coverage of the Global Medical Devices Industry.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.