SAN FRANCISCO, October 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global DDI market size is expected to reach USD 3.27 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing demand for IPAM solutions is the major driver in the DDI market owing to the rapid proliferation of IP-enabled devices.
Moreover, the transition to IPv6 from the IPv4 Internet protocol is expected to contribute significantly to industry growth. The increasing awareness of security risks, impending implementations of IPv6, and need to streamline IP address management are expected to benefit the growth of DDI vendors. Mergers and acquisitions are playing a vital role in developing the market, which is expected to continue over the forecast period. This can be witnessed by the recent acquisition that took place in 2016 by Infoblox Inc. of IID, a cyber-threat intelligence company.
Cloud computing is a vital trend that is expected to impact the industry, owing to the increasing investments by the vendors. They are expected to increase the use of virtualized services, which will in turn impact the demand for DDI. Security plays an important role in this trend and is likely to drive the Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) deployment over the next decade.
There has been a remarkable growth in e-learning in the recent years as companies identify their effectiveness and convenience of training and development. Owing to the several technological advancements, the transition to IPv6 and challenges faced by IT organizations to train their workforce on the latest solutions has led several companies to invest in developing e-learning solutions. For instance, in 2015, BlueCat launched its latest e-Learning program for its DDI solutions.
Browse full research report with TOC on "DNS, DHCP, And IPAM (DDI) Market Analysis By Component (Hardware, Software), By Version (IPv4, IPv6), By Services (Managed Service, Integrated Service, Overlay DDI Service), By Infrastructure (On-premise, Cloud), By End-Use (SMBs, Large Enterprises), By Application (Wireless Communication Devices, Mobile Computers, IP Telephony, POS Terminals, Virtual Machines) And Segment Forecasts To 2024" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dns-dhcp-ipam-ddi-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The hardware segment dominated the industry with the revenue share of over 64% in 2015. Rising security issues in the large enterprises has impelled the adoption of hardware solutions, as they are more secure and are difficult to get corrupt. However, SMBs prefer software solutions over hardware as they are expensive and require more advanced IT infrastructure.
- The IPv6 segment is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of over 32% from 2016 to 2024. Surge in the IP-enabled tools in the organizations have led to the rise in adoption of IPv6 internet protocol. Escalation in the complexity of managing all the IP addresses generated by these tools, is further expected to grow as businesses migrate to IPv6 and move computing to the cloud. This requires innovative IPAM solutions to manage the rising pool of IP addresses. Moreover, any business that controls a critical network, requires some level of IPAM. The value of IPAM increases as the necessity for fault tolerance increases, along with the number of mission-critical IP-based systems, the number of network-attached devices, and IPs under management.
- The integrated service segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 24% over the forecast period. The increase in demand for integrated services is due to the functions it provides such as necessary tools to automate, configure, administrate, and integrate IP address and related services.
- On-premise segment is expected to witness significant growth at a CAGR of nearly 22% over the next eight years. The high demand for physical DDI appliances over software solutions is anticipated to contribute to the increase in the market share of the on-premise solutions. However, with the need for reducing the expenditure and investment, many organizations, majorly the SMBs, are focusing on the adoption of cloud-based services.
- Large enterprises dominate the industry and are projected to remain stable over the future owing to the increasing investments in DDI solutions. The segment is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of nearly 22% from 2016 to 2024. Moreover, these enterprises are increasingly deploying DDI solutions owing to the increasing number of IP-based devices and connectivity.
- Wireless communication devices and mobile computers are expected to contribute immensely in the industry growth. Rapidly increasing mobile workforce in organizations across the globe is leading to the high demand for DDI solutions in the mobile computing applications. Further, the growth of 4G and 5G networks is expected to boost the average connection speeds requiring efficient IPAM solutions to manage the IP address pools.
- North America is estimated to be a major regional segment with over 54% of the overall revenue share in 2015. Increasing IoT trends in North America has surged the adoption of innovations such as big data, mobility, and cloud. Furthermore, favorable regulatory compliance regarding the protection of citizen's information is expected to enforce organizations to maintain a high level of data security. However, Asia Pacific are expected to grow at a considerable rate owing to the high density of population, internet usage, and proliferation of mobile devices in the region is expected to contribute to the industry growth.
- The key industry vendors in the DDI market include BT Diamond, Infoblox, BlueCat, EfficientIP, Alcatel-Lucent, FusionLayer, Cisco Systems, Inc., ApplianSys Limited, Incognito Software Systems, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, INVETICO, Men & Mice and SolarWinds, Inc. R&D investments are among the major trends in the industry. Several players, including Infoblox, BlueCat, Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia), Cisco, and VT Diamond IP, are investing a great deal on their R&D operations to develop new products and features that address the rapidly changing technology requirements of the industry.
Grand View Research has segmented the global DDI market on the basis of component, version, service, infrastructure, end-use, application and region:
- DDI Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
- DDI Version Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
- DDI Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
- Managed service
- Integrated service
- Overlay DDI service
- DDI Infrastructure Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
- Large enterprises
- DDI End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
- Large enterprises
- DDI Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
- Wireless communication devices
- Mobile computers
- IP telephony
- POS terminals
- Virtual machines
- DDI Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Internet Security Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/internet-security-market
- Cyber Weapon Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cyber-weapon-market
- Cyber Warfare Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cyber-warfare-market
- Disaster Recovery Solutions Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/global-disaster-recovery-solutions-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.