SAN FRANCISCO, March 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global dashboard camera market size is expected to reach USD 1.84 billion by 2022 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Favorable government initiatives and rising demand for vehicular safety are expected to boost global dashboard camera market growth.The industry is expected to witness an upsurge in demand for dashcams in passenger and commercial vehicles by positively driving industry growth over the forecast period.
Dashcams facilitate in recording video footage of road accidents and other untoward incidents through windshield and assist in collecting evidences to be used in case of impending legal actions. These legitimate evidences can be produced in courts in matter of disputes against the offenders.
Increasing acts of vandalism, car thefts, and wreckages are presumed to trigger the demand for automotive surveillance systems. Dashcams provide automotive surveillance even in the absence of driver and in parking mode.
However, several countries in the European region such as Switzerland and Austria are facing bans on use of dashcams. Violation of privacy and vulnerability towards unethical hacking have hampered the reliability of such in-car DVR systems.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Dashboard Camera Market Analysis By Technology (Basic, Advanced, Smart), By Product (Single Channel, Dual Channel), By Video Quality (SD, HD) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dashboard-camera-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Single-channel dashcam segment dominated the global in-vehicle dashboard camera industry accounting for more than 70% of the industry share in 2014. Dual-channel dashcam systems comprise two cameras with high-resolution feed for front and rear video recording. Dual-channel systems are relatively costly as compared to single-channel systems as they enable video recording of external as well as in-car events.
- Industry players are focusing on revenue generation through product differentiation. Vendors are emphasizing on developing dashcams that can be integrated with high-end technologies such as high-resolution night vision cameras and integrated GPS. Vendors such as LyfeLens and BlackVue recently introduced advanced in-car DVR systems that connect the car and smartphones and provides users with insight of actions happening in and around the vehicles via real-time data, live video feeds, and push notifications.
- The Asia Pacific regional market contributed to approximately 30% of the overall revenue share in 2014. Increase in funding initiatives and increased focus on fraud prevention offering road safety to motorists and passengers are anticipated to impel growth in the regional market. Concentrated presence of manufacturers, higher production capabilities, and availability of cheap labor in countries such as China, and Taiwan are expected to fuel the demand for dashcams in the region.
- Key industry participants include Amcrest Technologies, Falcon Zero, Fine Digital, Inc., ITronics Group, and WatchGuard Video. Innovative distribution and marketing strategies adopted by vendors such as authorized e-commerce retailersare expected to positively influence industry growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global dashboard camera market on the basis of technology, product, video quality, and region:
- Dashboard Camera Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Dashboard Camera Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Single Channel
- Dual Channel
- Dashboard Camera Video Quality Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Standard Definition
- High Definition
- Dashboard Camera Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Fuel Cell Vehicle Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fuel-cell-vehicle-market
- Excavators Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/excavators-market
- Electric Scooters Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/electric-scooters-market
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/advanced-driver-assistance-systems-adas-market
About Grand View Research:
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.