SAN FRANCISCO, September 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global commercial seaweed market size is anticipated to reach USD 22.13 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The global market is estimated to witness a healthy CAGR of 8.9% during the forecast period. Rising demand for seaweed-derived food products is estimated to boost the industry growth over the next few years. Growing product application scope in fertilizers, animal feed, and healthcare and medical sectors is also boosting the market demand. Furthermore, growing popularity of seaweed extracts such as agar, carrageenan, and alginate is also likely to drive the commercial seaweed market.
Increasing product application scope in the pharmaceutical sector is projected to boost the market growth. Various properties of commercial seaweeds such as thickening and gelling, which are applicable in hydrocolloid industries, is expected to drive the market further. Regulations regarding the production and harvesting of seaweeds concerning human consumption, animal feed, and agricultural use is expected to augment the market. Seaweeds serve as a major food product in Asia Pacific region. Increased consumption of organic foods is expected to fuel the product demand in the coming years.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Commercial Seaweed Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Red, Brown, Green), By Form (Liquid, Powdered, Flakes), By Application (Animal Feed, Human Consumption), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2024" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/commercial-seaweed-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global commercial seaweed market is projected to witness strong demand over the coming years owing to rising awareness regarding the benefits of seaweeds
- Majority of the commercial seaweeds are consumed in liquid form due to ease of application and growing industrial demand
- Red seaweed emerged as the fastest-growing product segment in 2015 and accounted for more than 52% of the global market
- Human consumption emerged as the largest application segment in 2015 accounting for more than 80% of the overall share
- Rising awareness regarding healthier eating habits and lifestyle along with increased disposable income are the key growth-driving factors
- Some of the prominent companies operating in this industry include E.I. DuPont Nemours and Company; Cargill, Inc.; Roullier Group; Compo GmbH & Co.; and Biostadt India Ltd.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Healthy Snack Market - The global healthy snack market size was valued at USD 21.1 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% over the forecast period.
- Fructose Market - The global fructose market size was estimated at USD 3.80 billion in 2016.
- Gluten-Free Products Market - The global gluten-free products market size was valued at USD 14.94 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.3% from 2017 to 2025.
- Vanillin Market - The global vanillin market size was estimated at USD 395.2 million in 2016.
Grand View Research has segmented the global commercial seaweed market on the basis of product, form, application, and region:
- Commercial Seaweed Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
- Commercial Seaweed Form Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
- Commercial Seaweed Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
- Animal Feed
- Human Consumption
- Commercial Seaweed Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.