SAN FRANCISCO, August 28, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global collision avoidance sensors market size is expected to reach USD 18.97 billion by 2025, according to a new study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc., displaying a 21.2% CAGR during the forecast period. Integration of anti-collision systems in mass-market vehicles and updated safety ratings of agencies are expected to fuel market growth over the next few years.
Increasing consumer awareness and extensive focus on research and development by industry players have been major growth drivers for the market. Installation of collision avoidance systems allows vehicles to perform autonomous and semi-autonomous decision-making. Growing demand for vehicle security by consumers and government vehicle safety regulatory agencies is also expected to drive the growth of the collision avoidance sensors market.
Recent technological developments in sensors are focused on building highly sophisticated devices and augmenting their performance using various components of the vehicle.Anti-collision systems enable automotive OEMs to integrate additional intelligence to accomplish the goal of developing an autonomous vehicle.
Stringent regulatory and legal standards have mandated the addition of sensors to enhance safety features in vehicles. These are expected to drive demand for collision avoidance sensors over the forecast period. However, high cost of LiDAR-based systems and long-range radars may cause a hindrance to market growth as manufacturers of low-priced cars may refrain from installing sensors to avoid increase overall price of vehicles.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Collision Avoidance Sensors Market Analysis Report By Application (Parking Assistance, Forward Collision Warning System), By Technology (Radar, Camera, Ultrasound), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/collision-sensors-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Integration of collision avoidance systems in vehicles is expected to help reduce the number of vehicle accidents due to human error; the latter are said to account for 90% of accidents, according to a 2014 UN Road Safety Collaboration study
- The radar segment is projected to account for 44.5% of the global market by 2025. Declining prices of radars have led to their increased adoption by various Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) of automobiles
- Due to mandatory government regulations regarding incorporation of camera-based collision avoidance systems into vehicles, the camera segment is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period
- The Forward Collision Warning System (FCWS) segment is expected to account for a major market share by 2025 as these systems help in significantly decreasing rear-end collisions or accidents
- Over the forecast period, Europe is anticipated to retain its position as market leader in the adoption of collision avoidance sensors and systems and is anticipated to reach USD 5.80 billion by 2025
- Key market participants include NXP Semiconductors, Continental AG, Delphi Automotive, Robert Bosch GmbH, and Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Proximity - Displacement Sensors Market - The global proximity and displacement sensors market was valued over USD 3 billion in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 9.5% to reach over USD 6 billion during the forecast period of 2015 to 2022.
- Radio Frequency (RF) Components Market - The global radio frequency components market size was valued at USD 17.54 billion by 2022.
- Position Sensors Market - The global position sensors market was valued at USD 6.83 billion in 2014.
- Automotive Sensor Market - The global automotive sensor market size was estimated at USD 18.68 billion in 2014.
Grand View Research has segmented the global collision avoidance sensors market on the basis of technology, application, and region:
- Collision Avoidance Sensors Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Collision Avoidance Sensors Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
- Forward Collision Warning System (FCWS)
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
- Parking Assistance
- Collision Avoidance Sensors Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.