SAN FRANCISCO, August 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global clinical microbiology market size is expected to reach USD 16.7 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to expand at a CAGR of 6.7% over the forecast period. Clinical microbiology depends on technical and skilled workforce to process and interpret results of clinical specimens. Clinical staff have been complaining about poor Turnaround Time (TAT) of tests. However, with technological advancements, a number of laboratory instruments and equipment are being replaced with automated devices to minimize human error and dependency on skilled workforce.
In addition, automation has benefits such as reduced TAT and use of labor and lab space, thereby reducing overall cost associated with these tests. Manufacturers are focusing on introduction of automatic specimen processing, plate reading, and organism identification. GE Healthcare, PerkinElmer, and Thermo Fisher are some of the key players offering automated systems in the diagnostics industry.
Rising cases of hospital-acquired infections (HAI) is also fueling demand for clinical microbiology for diagnosis and monitoring. As high-income countries are stepping up their pursuit of countering hospital-acquired infections, middle- and low-income countries are recognizing the threat. Introduction of automated systems and innovative designs is expected to intensify market competition and change market dynamics over the forecast period.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is particularly active in countries such as Ethiopia, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Algeria, and Senegal, where occurrence of HAIs ranged between 2.5% and 14.8%. This has led to increased demand for HAI diagnostics in these countries. Countries such as India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Bhutan are also actively participating in HAI awareness programs. India and China are projected to be the main countries driving demand for HAI diagnostics instruments and tests in future.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Clinical Microbiology Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product, By Application (Bloodstream, Respiratory, Gastrointestinal, Periodontal, STD, UTI), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/clinical-microbiology-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Owing to rapid adoption of technology and automation of work flow, laboratory instruments are expected to form the fastest growing segment over the forecast period
- Reagents captured the largest revenue share in 2016 owing to repeat purchase of reagents
- In 2015, North America dominated the global market. Continuous research on infectious disease treatment and subsequent grants from government healthcare agencies are contributing to development of a strong ecosystem in the region
- Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing region during the forecast period owing to rising geriatric population in India, China, and Japan. This has resulted in high prevalence of re-emerging infectious diseases such as tuberculosis, cholera, and typhoid
- The clinical microbiology market is presently dominated by a few key participants such as bioMerieux S.A.; Cepheid Inc.; Danaher Corporation; and Bruker Corporation
- Other prominent players operating in the market include Becton Dickinson & Company; Hologic Inc.; Roche Diagnostics; and Alere Inc.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Retinal Implant Market - The global Retinal Implant Market size was valued at USD 14.01 million in 2015.
- Artificial Ventilation and Anesthesia Masks Market - The Global artificial ventilation and anesthesia masks market size was valued at USD 1,715.3 million in 2014.
- Nerve Monitoring Devices Market - The global nerve monitoring devices market size was valued at USD 1,001.4 million in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.9% over the forecast period.
- Facial Implant Market - The Global facial implant market size was valued at USD 1.74 billion in 2014.
Grand View Research has segmented the global clinical microbiology market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Clinical Microbiology Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Laboratory Instruments
- Gram Stainers
- Bacterial Colony Counters
- Autoclave Sterilizers
- Petri Dish Fillers
- Automated Culture Systems
- Microbiology Analyzers
- Molecular Diagnostic Instruments
- Mass Spectrometers
- Laboratory Instruments
- Clinical Microbiology Application Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Respiratory Diseases
- Bloodstream Infections
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Periodontal Diseases
- Other Diseases
- Clinical Microbiology Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.