SAN FRANCISCO, March 8, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global cleanroom robots in healthcare market size is expected to reach USD 2.69 billion by 2030, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 26.4% from 2022 to 2030. The growing adoption of robots in cleanroom settings, product innovations catering to the market trends, and increased demand for robotic automation in pharmaceutical manufacturing are some of the key factors contributing to the market growth. Robots help in avoiding the risk of contamination in cleanrooms, especially during drug manufacturing procedures.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- Based on type, the traditional industrial robots segment held the largest share in terms of revenue in 2021 as they are extensively used in large manufacturing processes that rely on continuous assembly lines. They are mainly used in the drug manufacturing processes.
- Based on component, the robotic arms segment dominated the market in terms of revenue share in 2021 as the robotic arms are essential for the seamless operations of the robots in cleanroom environments.
- Based on end-use, the pharmaceuticals and medical devices segment held the largest revenue share in 2021 owing to the growing adoption by the manufacturing companies for contamination control.
- The hospitals and diagnostics end-use segment is likely to grow at the fastest rate over the forecast period. The cleanroom technology was used in the hospitals to control the spread of COVID-19.
- In 2021, North America dominated the market in terms of revenue share owing to the growing adoption of robotics and artificial intelligence-based solutions in the healthcare sector. In addition, a rise in COVID-19 cases in the region contributed to the market growth.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to register a significant growth rate from 2022 to 2030 owing to the increase in the number of healthcare providers, high unmet needs, improving healthcare infrastructure
Read 90-page market research report, "Cleanroom Robots In Healthcare Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Traditional Industrial Robots, Collaborative Robots), By Component (Robotic Arms, Motors), By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 - 2030", published by Grand View Research.
Cleanroom Robots In Healthcare Market Growth & Trends
The collaborative robots type segment is likely to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period due to the features such as rapid installation, cost savings, flexibility, and better safety around manufacturing units. The motors component segment is likely to grow at the fastest rate in the coming years as the robots are attached to the motors and provide a working mechanism to the robots for smoother functioning.
In pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturing settings, human operators are the source of contamination. As the risk of contamination is the most challenging factor, automated robots offer seamless operations by eliminating or decreasing manual interventions. The cleanroom technology proved to be useful while dealing with COVID-19 patients as it helped reduce the spread of the virus across the hospitals to a greater extent. Hospitals relied on cleanroom robots to protect the hospital staff.
In cleanroom settings, robots can perform repetitive tasks, enabling smoother operations without human intervention. The manufacturers in the cleanroom robots market are introducing innovative solutions to strengthen their market position. For instance, in February 2021, Epson Robots launched NuTec Tooling Systems, an architect of custom automation solutions to provide efficient, precise, and cost-effective robotics to the syringe manufacturing process. In November 2020, OEM in collaboration with the government agencies utilized a cost-effective procedure for manufacturing large quantities of syringes to fight COVID-19.
Cleanroom Robots In Healthcare Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global cleanroom robots in healthcare market based on type, component, end-use, and region:
Cleanroom Robots In Healthcare Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
- Traditional Industrial Robots
- Collaborative Robots
Cleanroom Robots In Healthcare Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
- Robotic Arms
- End Effectors
- Power Supply
Cleanroom Robots In Healthcare End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
- Hospitals & Diagnostics
- Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices
Cleanroom Robots In Healthcare Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Cleanroom Robots In Healthcare Market
- ABB Ltd.
- Denso Corporation
- FANUC Corporation
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Yaskawa Electric Corporation
- Aerotech, Inc.
- Nachi Fujikoshi Corporation
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Remote Patient Monitoring System Market - The global remote patient monitoring system market size is expected to reach USD 6.7 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. It is projected to register a CAGR of 20.2% from 2022 to 2030. COVID-19 pandemic has a significant impact on the remote patient monitoring system. The main drivers for this market are the increasing geriatric population, cost-effective treatment, and the rising prevalence of chronic conditions. The breakout of Covid-19 has propelled the demand for remote patient monitoring devices and services as healthcare facilities were burdened with Covid-19 infected patients. Key players like Smiths Medical reported that the demand of their home monitoring devices substantially increased during the pandemic.
- Endoscopy Devices Market- The global endoscopy devices market size is expected to reach USD 81.0 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4% from 2022 to 2030. Growing adoption of minimally invasive endoscopic procedures by medical professionals to look into the esophagus, colon, and stomach and also its application to perform biopsies and sclerotherapy are some of the factors boosting the market growth. In addition, the increasing trend of adopting disposable endoscopes to reduce the chances of cross contaminations is also anticipated to fuel the growth of the market over the forecast years.
- Surgical Robots Market- The global surgical robots market size is expected to reach USD 18.2 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 19.3% from 2022 to 2030. Growing adoption of automated minimally invasive surgery and increasing awareness to use robotic procedures due to the potential benefits provided by these surgeries are the factors positively contributing to the growth of the market. Moreover, the increasing penetration of international players in various geographies is expected to boost the market growth over the forecast years.
Browse through Grand View Research's Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Grand View Compass | Grand View Pipeline
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.