SAN FRANCISCO, February 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global citric acid market is expected to reach USD 3.83 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR 4.9%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for the product as an acidulant in food & beverages application is expected to be a major factor driving the market.
The market is highly competitive in nature with companies increasing their production capacities to serve the growing demand. The companies compete on the basis of product superiority, manufacturing technologies, and adherence to regulations pertaining to citric acid products in an attempt to increase their revenue.
The industry is marked by the presence of major participants focusing on R&D activities to come up with application-specific citric acid products. These well-established players account for a relatively larger share of the annual production of citric acid and have a competitive edge over the smaller players as they have a prevailing goodwill in the market.
The industry is marked by the presence of numerous small unorganized players that deal majorly with the local distribution and cater to the demand in domestic and adjoining economies. These small players in the industry do not have a significant impact on the market dynamics due to low production volumes and smaller geographic reach.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Citric Acid Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Form (Liquid, Powder), By Application (Pharmaceuticals, F&B), By Region, Competitive Landscape, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/citric-acid-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Powder grade citric acid dominated the industry in 2016 accounting over 63% of the overall market on account of its extensive use in food & beverages for preservation and flavoring
- Liquid form is anticipated to ascend at a CAGR of 5.1% over the forecast period on account of high demand in food & beverages industry owing to its beneficial properties such as acidification, texture modification, and flavor enhancement
- Food & beverages application segment is anticipated to ascend at an estimated CAGR of 5.0% over the forecast period. The growing demand for processed food products with high stability and shelf life is expected to have a positive impact on the industry growth.
- Germany citric acid market was valued at USD 220.1 million in 2016 and is anticipated to witness a high growth rate over the forecast period. The high growth rate was attributed to the presence of major pharmaceutical manufacturers in the region such as Bayer AG; Merck; and Schering AG.
- The industry is highly competitive with the presence numerous small and medium scale manufacturers, however is dominated by a few major industry players including Kenko Corporation; Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Company; Tate & Lyle plc; and Danisco A/S
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Syrup Market - Global syrup market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period. The increasing demand for various types of syrups from the food and beverage industry and, the pharmaceutical industry is the key factor driving the growth of this market.
- Curcumin Market - Global curcumin market is expected to witness high growth on account of its increasing demand in food, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. Curcumin is extracted from turmeric (curcuma longa) and is used in the abovementioned end-use industries for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidation properties.
- Specialty Ingredients Market - Specialty Ingredients Market was valued at 93.27 billion in 2014. Growing consumer awareness has been driving the need for high quality and greener products which in turn is expected to drive the global Specialty Ingredients Market over the forecast period.
- Ethyl Levulinate Market - Global ethyl levulinate market was valued at USD 8.8 million in 2014. Increasing R&D investments aimed at developing potential ethyl levulinate applications is expected to create ample opportunities for industry participants.
Grand View Research has segmented the global citric acid market on the basis of application and region:
- Citric Acid Form Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Citric Acid Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Food & beverages
- Citric Acid Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- The Middle East & Africa
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/specialty-and-fine-chemicals
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.