SAN FRANCISCO, April 2, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global catalyst market size is expected to reach USD 34.06 billion by 2025, ascending at a CAGR of 4.5%, according to a report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for petrochemicals from various end-use industries is expected to be a prime factor driving the market growth. Inclusion of high-grade polymers in manufacturing commodities for domestic as well as export oriented industry is anticipated to surge the product demand in future.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Environmental was the largest application segment in the catalyst market and accounted for 29.6% of the overall volume share in 2016
- In terms of raw materials chemical compounds segment is expected to attain the highest market share over the forecast period
- The petroleum refining application segment is expected to register a CAGR of 3.4% over the forecast period
- This application includes the use of catalyst in cracking of feedstock components that increase the yield of high-quality products
- MEA is expected to be the second fastest-growing regional market during the forecast years
- Key industry participants include BASF SE; Akzo Nobel N.V.; Clariant International Ltd.; Zeolyst International, Inc.; and Chevron Corporation
- Key competitive strategies adopted by these companies include capacity expansion, geographical expansion, technology licensing, and mergers & acquisitions
- For instance, recently, BASF started a new chemical catalysts manufacturing plant in Caojing, China to cater to growing demand in Asia Pacific
Read 300 page research report with TOC on "Catalyst Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Raw Material (Metal, Chemical Compounds), By Product (Heterogeneous, Homogeneous), By Application (Polymers & Petrochemicals, Environmental), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/catalyst-market
Moreover, demand for clean and green fuels has shifted the trend of energy generation from conventional to clean resources. Cobalt, iron, and nickel catalysts are the key components used for clean energy generation processes, such as the Fischer-Tropsch synthesis. Rapidly expanding polymer and chemical manufacturing sectors is also anticipated to play an important role in the growth of the catalysts market. In addition, supportive regulations regarding the production and usage of catalysts are expected to augment market growth over the next eight years.
Emission regulations are the biggest drivers for a wide range of application sectors and the usage of catalysts for environmental and chemical applications are anticipated to have the highest market growth. Heterogeneous product segment led the market on account of wide product usage in the polymer industry. It is also used in the form of vanadium oxide for the production of sulfuric acid, which is growing on account of increasing demand of this acid in oil refining, wastewater processing, and chemical synthesis. This is also expected to fuel the demand for heterogeneous catalyst in the near future.
Grand View Research has segmented the global catalyst market on the basis of raw material, product, application, and region:
- Catalyst Raw Material Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Base Metals
- Precious metals
- Chemical Compounds
- Amines & Others
- Catalyst Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Catalyst Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Petroleum Refining
- Catalytic Reforming
- Chemical Synthesis
- Chemical catalysts
- Polymer & Petrochemicals
- Reaction Initiator
- Light Duty Vehicles
- Heavy Duty Vehicles
- Catalyst Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Catalysts & Enzymes Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Platinum Market – Skeletal dysplasia market encompasses a broad number of genetic and rare disorders that affect mainly the cartilage and bone.
- Alcohol Enzymes Market – Increasing population coupled with rising income levels has fueled demand for consumer products such as foods & beverages and cleaning agents which in turn is expected to boost the demand for alcohol enzymes.
- Fluorspar Market – Growth of automotive sector is expected to drive global fluorspar market growth over the forecast period. Fluorspar is used in production of hydrofluoric acid which is a key component for manufacturing aluminum. Heavy usage of aluminum in automotive industry is projected to remain a key driver for global fluorspar market growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.