SAN FRANCISCO, March 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global carbon disulfide market size is projected to reach USD 165.1 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 2.4% during the forecast period. Growing demand for cellophane from the packaging industry, coupled with rising use of the compound in production of fertilizers, will boost market growth.
Carbon di sulfide, also known as carbon bisulfide, is a toxic, transparent, flammable, and volatile liquid chemical. Large amounts of this compound are used to manufacture cellophane, carbon tetrachloride, and viscose rayon. Smaller quantities, on the other hand, are used for solvent extraction or conversion into other chemical products, especially as a catalyst in rubber vulcanization or agents in the flotation process of ore concentration.
The carbon disulfide market is segmented based on application into rubber, rayon, fibre, pharmaceutical, agriculture, and packaging. In 2016, agriculture accounted for 13.6% of the total market revenue, owing to large-scale adoption of the compound in fertilizers and pesticides. The packaging application is expected to reach USD 19.79 million by 2025. Production of cellophane for the packaging industry is being carried out on a large scale in Asia Pacific, owing to increasing demand for packaging material. Carbon di sulfide is used extensively as an accelerator in the rubber vulcanisation process.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Carbon Disulfide Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Rubber, Rayon, Fibre, Pharmaceuticals, Agriculture, Packaging), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/carbon-disulfide-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The U.S. carbon disulfide market will exhibit a 6.53% CAGR over the forecast period in terms of volume. The slowdown in the U.S. market has deeply impacted manufacturing activity in the country. Some estimates suggest a sharp decline in production of rubber, pharmaceuticals, fibres, and packaging
- The U.K. carbon disulfide market is predicted to be driven by large-scale manufacturing activities. However, stringent legislations against adoption of carbon disulfide could impede growth
- The China carbon disulfide market is likely to lead the global production of cellophane for packaging and rubber.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Zeolite Molecular Sieve Market - The global zeolite molecular sieve market is anticipated to grow on account of its increasing demand in manufacturing detergent and catalysts.
- Refinery Catalyst Market - Global refinery catalyst market size was estimated at 1.30 million tons in 2014. The industry is expected to witness significant growth over the next seven years on account of increasing demand for high-performance transportation fuel globally.
- Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) Market - Global fluid catalytic cracking (FCC) market demand was around 617.9 kilo tons in 2014. Refinery catalyst, the parent market is expected to grow to USD 6.70 billion by 2020 at a CAGR of 3.3% over the forecast period, thereby promoting FCC growth.
- Protein Hydrolysis Enzymes Market - Global protein hydrolysis enzymes market is expected to reach over USD 2 billion by 2022 growing at an estimated CAGR of over 5% from 2015 to 2022.
Grand View Research has segmented the global carbon disulfide market on the basis of application and region:
- Carbon Disulfide Application Outlook (Volume, Million Kilograms; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Carbon Disulfide Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Kilograms; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East and Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.