SAN FRANCISCO, July 8, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global cannabis testing services market size is anticipated to reach USD 3.3 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 15.4%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing acceptance of cannabis as a medicinal product, stricter quality checks, and rising demand for cannabinoid profile analysis to identify major strains are the key factors driving the market growth. Furthermore, the growing competition in the market is an important factor supporting the growth over the forecast period.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Potency testing service dominated the market in 2019 with a market share of 21.7%, owing to the rise in contamination cases
- The cannabis drug manufacturer segment is anticipated to be the fastest-growing end-user segment, owing to the entry of large pharmaceutical companies in the marijuana space
- North America dominated the market in 2019 with market size of USD 939.2 million, owing to the presence of major laboratories in the region.
Read 100 page research report with ToC on "Cannabis Testing Services Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Service Type, By End User, By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cannabis-testing-services-market
Based on services type, potency testing dominated the market with a share of 21.7% in 2019. Rising cases of contamination and the need to determine the concentration of active cannabinoids present in cultivated plants are the key factors driving market growth. Moreover, the segment is anticipated to be the fastest-growing during the forecast period. The increasing usage of cannabis in drug development and research is one of the leading factors supporting market growth.
Based on end-user, cannabis cultivators/growers dominated the market in 2019. Stringent quality checks on cultivated plants in a highly regulated market are influencing the demand for testing services. However, the segment is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment over the forecast period. Pharmaceutical giants such as GW Pharmaceuticals plc, Sanofi, and Pfizer have entered the space for developing cannabinoid-based drugs, which is anticipated to be a key factor driving the market over the forecast period.
North America dominated the market in 2019, with the market worth of USD 939.2 million. The presence of major testing laboratories and expanding marijuana and hemp cultivation in the region are the key factors driving the market in the region. On the other hand, Europe is expected to be the fastest-growing region, owing to a rising number of drug manufacturers in the region. Furthermore, many countries in the EU have banned derivatives containing more than 0.3% THC, which is further predicting a strong demand for the services.
Grand View Research has segmented the global cannabis testing services market based on services type, end user, and region:
- Cannabis Testing Services Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Potency Testing
- Terpene Profiling
- Heavy Metal Testing
- Pesticide Screening
- Microscopy Testing
- Residual Solvent Screening
- Cannabis Testing Services End-User Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Cannabis Drug Manufacturers
- Cannabis Cultivators/Growers
- Others (Research Institutes & Labs)
- Cannabis Testing Services Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Czech Republic
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- List of Key Players of Cannabis Testing Services Market
- Saskatchewan Research Council (SRC)
- SGS Canada Inc.
- SC Labs
- Steep Hill, Inc.
- CW ANALYTICAL
- GreenLeaf Lab
Find more research reports on Clinical Diagnostics Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Blood Transfusion Diagnostics Market– Rising prevalence of chronic diseases and increasing demand for donor screening are some of the major factors driving the market growth.
- Thyroid Cancer Diagnostics Market– Rising prevalence of thyroid cancer and increasing emphasis on early diagnosis and treatment are factors expected to drive market growth.
- Liver Disease Diagnostics Market– Rising prevalence of acute and chronic liver diseases is one of the major factors expected to drive the market for liver disease diagnostics. For instance, according to the WHO, in 2018, 841,080 new cases of liver cancer were reported globally and an estimated 781, 631 people died due to liver cancer.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.