SAN FRANCISCO, September 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global cancer supportive care drugs market size is expected to be valued at USD 23.5 billion by 2022, as per a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 1.8% during the forecast period. The market is anticipated to be driven by large number of side-effects associated with cancer treatment, increasing uptake of biosimilars, rising expenditure on healthcare, and availability of effective treatment methods, including target specific and tailored treatments.
Chemotherapy and radiotherapy are traditional methods for cancer treatment with approximately four million people receiving chemotherapy every year. Supportive care products are essential to prevent and manage symptoms and side-effects of cancer and its treatment. Among major cancer types, lung and breast cancers are the most prominent cancer type with the highest demand for supportive care drugs.
G-CSFs and ESAs therapeutic classes are witnessing a fundamental shift from biologics to biosimilars. The market for cancer pain, chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting, and cancer induced bone diseases will grow significantly during the forecast period, due to new product launches and high unmet needs. The cancer pain market is estimated to witness a shift from opioids to non-opioids therapies. The shift will be backed by patent loss, high mortality, addiction, and major safety issues associated with narcotic agents.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Cancer Supportive Care Drugs Market Analysis Report By Therapeutic Class (G-CSFs, Bisphosphonates, Antiemetics, Opioids, NSAIDs, ESAs), By Major Markets, Vendor Landscape, And Segment Forecasts, 2016 - 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cancer-supportive-care-drugs-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Some of the key players operating in this industry are Amgen, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Roche, Helsinn Healthcare, Heron Pharma, and Tesaro
- Among EU5, Germany captured the second position in the global cancer support care drugs market. Japan is poised to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period
- The CINV drugs market will be propelled by widening base of patients, increasing adoption of chemotherapeutic drugs, and launch of new drug delivery approaches to improve patient compliance
- In Europe, Zarzio has taken over its reference product Neupogen in terms of market share
- Late stage pipeline products include non-opioids such as Tanezumab and HTX-011
- Newer immunotherapies directed against PD-1 ligands and PD-L1 proteins have shown to be more effective with a superior safety profile
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Ovarian Cancer Drugs Market - The global ovarian cancer drugs market size was valued at USD 1,030 million in 2016. It is expected to exhibit a phenomenal CAGR of 23.7% during the forecast period, with the U.S. at the forefront of the growth.
- Head and Neck Cancer Drugs/Therapeutics Market - The global head and neck cancer drugs/therapeutics market size was valued at USD 752.5 million in 2016 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 9.4% during the forecast period.
- Thalassemia Market - The global thalassemia market size was valued at USD 1.72 billion in 2016 and is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 10.8% during the forecast period.
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin (IVIG) Market - The global intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) market size was estimated at USD 9.09 billion in 2016 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global cancer supportive care drugs market based on drug class and treatment:
- Cancer Supportive Care Drugs Therapeutic Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2022)
- NSAIDs and others
- Cancer Supportive Care Drugs Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2022)
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.